What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

You'll not see it on TV other than via Netflix, though it is available via alternative channels :evil:

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Sopranos is probably my all time favourite TV show. I've watched it completely 3 times over the years, might be time again soon!

3. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

You have to watch it as a massive film, rather than as an ordinary TV show. It's been unfolding much like a well-written comic book, issue by issue.

4. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I've seen it all now. I would give the season a 6 or maybe 7 out of 10. I really didn't think there was anything special about it. A good TV show I find myself gripped can't wait for the next episode stay up late saying ok one more. With this one it felt like every episode dragged. It's highly overrated on IMDB, but I think that's due to a low number of reviews. Season 1 was basically his origin story. I didn't like that. I didn't like a lot of things with it. I will probably watch season 2, but it's not something I'm eagerly awaiting.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Netflicks is literally the best thing ive spent money on in the last year.
    Well that and a roku!

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I watched the first two episodes of Daredevil before turning it off.

I agree with CrowZer0, it's nothing special (in my modest opinion).

Some good bits, sure. And better than the 2002 movie. But not great.

And that disappoints me, because Daredevil is my favourite comic book character.

Maybe I'm suffering from superhero fatigue with all the TV shows and movies coming out.

The Walking Dead is the only series that holds my attention. So much so, that I've gone right back to season one again.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Aye, for me my entire life it's been Daredevil and Batman. The initial episodes I thought were a little slow, and I was getting disappointed but I stuck with it because, hey, it's Daredevil and it's fully better than the movie. And then -- and then -- episode 10. ** AMAZING. ** And then 11 maintained that level. And then so did 12. And the season finale, episode 13, gets Daredevil his red (and black) horned costume!! And it ends with a ass-wooping fist fight between him and Fisk!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

So, ya, slow start but I am so ready for season 2. :D :D :D

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

In that case, I'm going to jump right to episode 10, :p

9. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Twin peaks sounds good so I'm giving it a go.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've been watching a bit of 'The Island'. I hadn't planned to, because I'm not generally a fan of 'reality tv', but I stumbled across it and got hooked.

The bit last week where the men's team killed a cayman was surprisingly moving. I actually felt a surge of elation when they did it. It obviously spoke to my 'inner caveman'!

Now I want to see how the vegetarian on the women's team survives for another three weeks on nothing but coconuts.

11. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Finally get to see Peaky Blinders. I've heard a lot of good things about it so i was eager to watch the series.

I am pretty dissapointed. One and a half episodes in and I am bored rigid. The lack of Brummy accents on a TV show set in Birmingham is really confusing me. And whats up with all the contemporary rock music??

Back to American Dad, at least Roger is hilarious.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I was disappointed given I expected far more gangland type story and a lot less moping main character. I finished the 1st season and ended up enjoying it enough to want to watch the second one when its on Netflix. Apparently Tom Hardy is in it so there'll be that to look forward to at least.

13. Bozza Bostik

He's not a very convincing moping main character either.

Yeah, I thought it would be a lot grittier and more about the gang's every day criminal activities. There's very little of that going on but you're expected to believe that the characters are part of this big and powerful criminal family.

It's quite nicely filmed and the sets and costumes aren't bad though. The acting and characters are a bit meeeeeeh in my opinion.

Don't think i'll make it to series two. I want to see Roger dressed up as an elderly lady from the Southern states, take a lot of drugs and end up in some dodgy sexual situations.

14. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

The setting and costumes were the main draws for me I think. I've seen a couple of WW1 films, and my parents watch pieces set in the aristocracy of the period, but down in the streets industrial setting for that time? Nope. Never seen it before.

It does pick up a bit. The antagonist they introduce is halfway interesting and there's some form of character development. But yeah, for a film that's meant to be about a street gang its a lot of Scarecrow acting PTSD-ey by staring at things and being sullen and withdrawn.

I miss American Dad. Damn UK Netflix and its lack of good cartoons!

15. Bozza Bostik

I think there's a lack of grimmy historical TV series. Ripper Street wasn't bad, I guess you've seen it, but that's the only other one I can think of.

Netflix is the same here. All the animated stuff is for kids, proper ones. I bought the American Dad DVDs as I like it so much and cant see it here. We've got Family Guy on Netflix and normal TV, but I can't binge on it, just watch an episode here and there.

16. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

So I just went through Star Wars Rebels yesterday, pretty much in one go.

Hot damn, that's some good TV. I think the last piece of SW media I enjoyed so much was Jedi Outcast. The moment when the lightsaber comes out actually gave me shivers.

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Would Rome count as grimmy and historical.

Finished Twin Peaks I'm looking forward to the new episodes now. Shame, there will only be 9 episodes. I liked the horror mixed with the murder investigation, and the odd bits of humour. Andy was my favorite in it.

Laura screaming in that red room was terrifying. And the evil versions of Cooper and Leyland

18. Bozza Bostik

Deadwood - how could I forget that one!

I haven't seen Rome. Maybe I should.

19. Bozza Bostik

I watched the new Netflix series Bloodline over the weekend.

Family drama crime thriller type thing. Think Dynasty without the class. Not the best thing I've seen, but not bad.

What's up with Sissy Spacenecks nose?

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Breaking Bad.

Finally got round to watching the first season. A little slow at points but otherwise a lot of fun to watch.

Started watching Season 2, will reserve judgement until I've gotten further through it.

Also, Game of Thrones (obviously).

My face when I realised High Sparrow was going to do exactly what I assumed he would do when I first met him to Cersei:

[​IMG]