roll out mats

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dead_pool, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Has anyone got or used any rollmats?

Any good brands to recommend, or pitfalls to avoid?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Have a look on eBay. Due to weight they're usually cheap and surprisingly common

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

I guess that the question I would ask first before saying anything further is what are you using this/these mats for? I am sure that with your grappling background you have thought about things such as how easy is it to clean and disinfect the mats you8 buy. Important if this is for a class, less so at home. Another thing, is this for rolling or are you also going to have some throwing going on? Our wrestling mats were pretty safe : coach said you could drop an egg from the height of our heads and it would not break when it hit the mat. The mats you put up last didn't look like they would automatically cushion someone who you have just thrown with kata garuma! :' D The other thing to consider is whether you can apply as a club/business then you can probably get a better price for a better mat.

Now if I am off base, sorry. I just didn't seem that you would be looking for a yoga mat. If that is the case there are a ton of different mats out there.

So here I go again mate.. what are you using said mat for :' D

LFD

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

My aikido dojo has "Swain" brand judo mats. They're nicely soft for break falls and rolls. They stick together by velcro edges, and then fold in thirds for stacking up after class.