Where are they??

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by nym, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Many people of all colors have left the WKSA for their own reasons. Some didn't feel they were being promoted fast enough, others saw an opportunity to start their own style and make more money, some didn't' like the franchise agreements. The people "of color" have weeded themselves out, it certainly was not any doing on the part of Kuk Sa Nym.

2. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

3. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

4. nym

nym Valued Member

Having a few from ethnic minorities doe not make it an even balance, Gene he's another left out to dry. For all his loyalty to the Suh's he's treated like dirt. I hear South America facebook a letter saying how they felt and have now left the association.
    Anyway be it Korean, Chinese or Japanese martial arts they like to keep their own people higher than the rest. Shame really

5. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

Yeah...Saw the letter. Loyalty? with Gene? I doubt it.

http://www.linkungfu.com/tsplinks.php

6. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

Whoa, I met this guy in downtown Benicia a few months ago (Roger Rood I believe he said his name was) that said he used to go with willy lin down to train and do seminars at gene gause's school.

7. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I have complete loyalty to my teacher, Master Gause. He wasn't "left behind". To your very poorly chosen point, the WKSA does not promote based on race. I think you are trolling, and if I remember correctly it is not allowed per TOS. Can we close this pointless thread ?

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No reason to close it. Nor is expressing an unpopular view tantamount to trolling. The thread stays unless there's proper cause to close it.

9. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

Soooo maybe this is the way it is or not, but usually things like promotions past a certain level within any organization are more likely to happen with proximity to the boss, both literally and figuratively. The only racial bias I can see MAYBE happening is because of lack of an understanding of the boss' culture. As someone asked me, 'do you want affirmative action in the martial arts, too?' Now this was said as a joke, but if there MUST be a certain amount of skin color diversity at the top ranks, then eventually it might be a real thought

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  10. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

Actually, the demographics are as expected. FYI, the OP has failed to actually count when s/he stated:

There are 120 masters listed on the WKSA website. 44 are "people of colour." Becoming a master typical takes 20+ years. There is no evidence to suggest people of colour weren't being promoted at the same pace as everyone else. In fact, the evidence suggests otherwise as promotions are cohort-based.