What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Tomb Raider, GTA: V and Alien: Isolation.

Tomb Raider I'm replaying because it was a free download on xBox gold and I forgot how much I actually liked the game. It's a nice one to zone out on when I'm feeling unwell.

GTA: V I picked up on the cheap a little while back and decided to give it a go. It doesn't have the magic of the gameplay I loved in GTA: Vice City (which for me defined the series) but I was impressed how much I enjoyed the game all round. The game play mechanics were (in typical rockstar fashion) simple and straight forward to work out, the characters full of personality, the missions are fun and the whole game is good all round.

Alien: Isolation I've left for a couple of days because I've been really ill and unable to focus on playing it properly but, I have to say, I am so impressed with it. Never played any of the previous Alien games, never really got into the Alien films all that much and I'm one of those folks I don't get caught out by most horror games very easily.

But Alien: Isolation, while being ridiculously tame in terms of action and outright gore (thankfully) has had me on the edge of my seats, licking my lips nervously, getting absolutely flustered when I spot the alien or, even worse, if I suddenly hear it moving faster or drop down near me (!). I can't wait to stop being ill so I can play it again because it is really, really that good.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Dota 2 (I think I'm addicted), and Dying Light. I have now come to the stage with games where nothing other than Dota 2 interests me. So my installed games are now only Dota 2, DayZ, Dying Light and Football Manager 2015

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I started LittleBigPlanet 3 yesterday.
    Not far in the game yet, but I like the new ideas I've seen so far ^^

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

having finally gotten my hands on pillars of eternity yesterday, i have to say i love it. it's basically baldur's gate 3, and anyone with even a tiny amount of fondness for the old black isle era dnd RPGs needs to do themselves a favour and get it :D

5. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

There is only one game worth playing now. Bloodborne. 3 hours last night got me hooked. And it's hard, just like you'd expect :)

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

How does it perform?

Many frame rate problems?

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

It's PC exclusive, isn't it?
    Shame, because in that case it's pretty much a "No" for me :(

8. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

No problems at all yet. Fab game.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Steam key for Spec Ops: The Line to anyone who wants it

10. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Playing through Watchdogs and Dark Souls 2 on the Xbox and still addicted to Mount and Blade Warband on the PC which has one of the best mod communities I have seen.

11. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Struggling to get into Daragon Age: Inquisition - Dark Souls Scholar of the first sin coming out for xbox one so will be getting that and daragon Age will once a gain take a back seat. Also running through Shadow of Mordor, i actually can't explain how good this game is, the combat is silky smooth. It took elements of all other games, Batman, Assasins creed and just made them better by a distance - highly recommended.

Baza

12. Dean Winchester

Handsome Jack Collection and Neverwinter on Xbox One.

The Borderlands games are as awesome as ever despite the annoying screen tearing on the PreSequal.

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Have 4 Heroes of the Storm beta keys for anyone in the EU who wants them

14. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'm currently getting sucked into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the Nintendo 3DS. It's a pretty good game so far, though I'm playing it on a 3DSXL with the Circle Pad attachment, after extended play it gets a bit unwieldy. Maybe it's time to invest in one of those New 3DS handhelds with the extra nubbins..?

15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Playing through Assassin's Creed Rogue whilst finishing Bound by Flame. Impressed with both games.
    Bound by Flame got some dodgy reviews through I suspect is more to do with it being from a smaller publisher and professional reviewer bias, if I personally could describe it I would call it the love child of Dark Souls and Dragon Age, some very good Bioware'ish dialogue and hard choices though the game.
    AC Rogue is damn good so far but only just started but looks great and the story is pretty cool so far.

on PC still messing with my Modded version of Morrowind.

16. Dean Winchester

Bound by Flame is surprisingly good, nice combat, but dodgy voice acting and script at times.

17. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Actually loved the script and decisions that actually effect the game world drastically more so than similar games like Dragons Age. Pretty cool following the dark demon path effecting how your character looks and ability to wear armour I.e. Horns, muscle growth ect. And how NPC's relate to you.

18. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Taking a slight break from Dota 2, South Park the Stick of Truth and NBA 2k15, both gifts, I didn't want to leave a friend sleighted.

19. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Borderlands the pre-qual.

20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Just platinumed "Madagascar 3".
    Unfortunately it was a rather dull game.

I was aware it's a game for (mainly :D ) kids, so that wasn't the problem.

My problem was more, tha it was rather repetitive: You're in a town, get some stuff for the penguins, make a circus act and move on.
    Boring.
    Felt like minigame after minigame; might even have been worse then "Sly 3".
    Not really something of a story either.

EDIT: Also finished LittleBigPlanet 3.
    And loved it, just like the others.
    The new ideas are actually quite nice and entertaining (for me anyway) and I sure had fun playing the doggy-sock-thingy ^^

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015