curious about old instructor...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by eternalseeker, Aug 16, 2006.

1. eternalseeker

eternalseeker Valued Member

Although I've now been in the bujinkan for many years now, my training started in the BBD in around 1991/1992. The club was very short lived but trained out of a scout hut in Shirley, Solihull.

I can't for the life of me remember the instructors name (possibly Bill?) and wondered if anyone here can help? If so, is he still training?

Thanks

2. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Try Bill Woodward, also Gary Pace and Phil Hill were in that area in the bbd.

3. eternalseeker

Cheers Norm - Bill Woodward rings a bell.

See you sunday!

Craig

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Sadly Craig none of them are teaching any more, i trained with Bill privately about 4 years ago and due to his job i dont think he does much training.

Phil Hill has now gone as well, he lives in Codsall somewhere but never responed, Phil was the first to open the walsall dojo about 20 years ago, i trained with him when i was 14, nice couple of blokes.

5. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Gary Pace was my instructor, good guy! Think he must of stopped teaching, for a bit, not long after the club closed (back in 96-ish) then a couple of years ago I saw mention on a website of him teaching over Chapel Ash way . :confused:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  6. eternalseeker

Hi Greg

I do remember him being a decent guy (apart from the time he flicked the lights off in the middle of a session - to demonstrate that none of us were being particularly aware of our surroundings - at precisely the same time as I caught a shuto to the neck making me think I'd actually blacked out... :eek:

Shame he's not teaching any more... do you know if he stayed with the BBD or saw the light like the rest of us! :D

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Phil stayed with the BBD i thin until he left, Bill saw the light and came over!!! :D

8. Bill W

Bill W New Member

That'll be me then, only took 9 years to respond, I'm improving

9. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Good to see you're alive bill lol

10. Bill W

Bill W New Member

Alive and kicking Normski, hope you're keeping well

11. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

I am thanks Bill, will be down teaching in Walsall soon, if you fancy popping in and saying hello it would be great to see you again, will let you know when and where :hat:

12. Bill W

Bill W New Member

For sure, it would be good to see you and have a catch up, only living 20 mins away from there.

I'll look forward to it

13. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Ok, it's the 18th, will confirm times and postcode asap

14. Bill W

Bill W New Member

I'll check my shifts but I have a feeling I'm working the 18th till 1600 hours :cry:

15. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Aw they always say that haha

16. Bill W

Bill W New Member

Haha! Downside of the job unfortunately

17. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Just joking, will let you know soonest with the timings etc

18. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Hi bill, tried sending you a message but you've blocked messages lol, I'll be at the oak park leisure centre, Lichfield ws99pq tomorrow from 10-1pm if you can make it to pop in and say hello, would be nice to see you again :)

19. Bill W

Bill W New Member

Norm, wasn't aware I'd blocked messages. Sorry that I missed you, would've liked to have met up

20. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

No worries mate, will let you know next time, probably end of May