DH and Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by mdgee, Oct 22, 2014.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have brpwsed quite a few MA forums now over the last 10 years. Been seriously involved in 2 including this one. Seen myriads of threads about what to look for in a MA school.

Just want to point out that I have NEVER seen dental hygiene discussed as a qualification for a good school- well before this sillly thread.

Google all sorts of MA FAQ's, websites, blogs, forums, articles, youtube, etc. and tell me- has ANYONE else ever discussed an instructors teeth as what to look for when choosing a school? Can you point to any book? Tell me of any Federation, school, etc. that lists in their qualifications "and our instructors teeth are pearly white and in good shape. To get instructor qualifications, we test to make sure they brush and floss daily! Too many cavities and we pull their qualifications to teach!"

Can you find ANYONE anywhere in any way using this as a qualification?

I'll bet not!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Maybe he thinks fluoride, fillings and anesthetics are just big pharma's way of giving you ebola\autism etc ........

3. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Fusen, did you really need to go to that dark place? ;)

4. Dead_pool

Dude I'm not the one putting everyone at risk by ignoring medical advice.
    It seems your logic lacks internal consistency.

5. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Maybe he doesnt want to teach you, because you‘ve got stupid hair..

Stop whining and train.

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Or the wrong attitude!

7. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

why are we discussing medical stuff on this thread? Sounds like you maybe posted your comment on the wrong thread?

8. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Ask if he has good dental insurance and if he says yes, then knock his teeth out and flush them down the loo. This way he will need to get a new set, maybe dentures. Regardless, you will have a nice grill to admire when you train. Problem solved! :pirate:

9. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

this has enlightened me?

10. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

May I ask what culture? It is not a U.S thing I hope. If it is I missed that memo. My dentist has awesome teeth I assume. He is a complete rear end.

How do you think I feel my instructor has NO teeth! :D I sometimes wish I had none No need for a mouth guard.

11. Dead_pool

Dentistry is medical.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Perhaps if he changed to an alkaline plant diet his teeth would grow back

13. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Hannibal, his teeth haven't fallen out. He just looks like he's never been to the dentist ever. They are extremely crooked and stained probably from many years of tea and/or coffee. Almost to the point where they look like blackish, smoker's teeth.

14. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Fusen, yes Dentistry can be considered part of medical but your response was clearly a reference to some comments I made in another thread, not this one.

15. Dead_pool

Im drawing a parallel, you don't belive facts and drs, maybe he does belive facts and dentists, you may well get on really well, maybe go out for a steak after training and swap conspiracy theories.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  16. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I don't believe in conspiracy theories and, you know very well that a steak is something that would be sitting on a dead man's plate, not mine. I do not eat anything with a face. Now, can we move on. This thread has nothing to do with veganism, or a plant based diet. I asked a question, which was a concern for me. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't expect everyone to agree with me, just understand my position. If you can't do that, don't comment. I think I've been pretty respectful of other comments on this thread that are in line with the initial post. That last few comments have nothing to do with my post and is your personal commentary of my beliefs and/or lifestyle. Neither of which, was ever addressed as part of this thread.

17. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

When I think of all the CMA teachers who

* hung around in brothels

*used opium

*were alcoholics

*participated in serious criminal activities

*were just plain violent individuals

It seems that blackened teeth are a pretty superfluous concern.

Do we want someone's transmission, or do we want someone to live up to our ideals of what an instructor should be?

Personally,I'll always choose the former. Of course I suppose I'm biased as some of my knowledge comes from one of the most well known CMA instructors in history-who was an alcoholic.

Still taught good stuff,tho'. But no macrame'.