MAP Meet 2017

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Because he is such a good sport dunc has contacted me offering to step down from his second session to allow me to teach.

I've accepted the offer so will wreak havoc come June 10th.

For those that don't know, or have been living in a cave for the past month, I am the UK representative for Hannibal's HAVOC Jeet Kune Do.

So come to the MAP Meet and it'll be like training with Hannibal, but with less swearing. :D

2. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So glad you're teaching - last years' session was a highlight for me

And Scott - we'll come tooled up and bring some spares too

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It would have to be a two day sicky with how my shifts work and I have a fair bit of time off for family holidays and gigs around that time anyway. Not easy getting to big events like this when my weekend is the middle of the week when the (relatively) sane are working.

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Simon you can just use my normal name instead of my forum name. I'm not shy. :)

5. Simon

Matilda will be doing a Muay Thai session and you'll all love it.

Haha, cheers, Lei.

6. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Ha Ha Ha - Brilliant.

[​IMG]

7. Unreal Combat

That's the spirit! :)

8. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Nudge.

9. Simon

It's decided on the day. We introduce the instructors and what they are goint to teach and people take their pick. If we have 30 attendees then it"s a good guess each instructor will have 10 in their group.

10. Simon

For anyone who pays any attention to me you may have noticed I've said 2017 is the year to move forward, the year to ease the stresses and worries, and the year to open up and help each other.

Earlier in the year I had to walk away from MAP for a few weeks as life was taking it's toll mentally and those in the know were so kind. If it hadn't been for the advice of friends and family I may never have returned.

This year I was given a great opportunity by Hannibal and I'd like to do something for someone else and that something is pay their entrance fee for the MAP Meet.

I have my own ideas, but will open this for you to suggest who will benefit and why.

It isn't a large cost, but it is a thank you for putting in the effort to come and join us.

Edit. I'll extend this offer to two people if they're bringing a friend, however, just make the vote for one member and I'll discuss the options with them.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. Unreal Combat

I personally think this would benefit someone who has not been before or who is travelling a really long way. Most of us already coming know it's all good and are happy to raise money for charity anyway. Perhaps this would be better served being used to help spread the word rather than to benefit an existing attendee.

A great example would have been Thomas last year who travelled from Scotland for his first meet (though you should pay your own way now you've been already. :D)

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

These were my thoughts too, so perhaps an offer could be considered for Latikos? 1st time attendee (assuming she does) and would be travelling pretty far to do so too.

Travess

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah I would agree. Seems like the obvious choice. +1

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I made JT breakfast. That counts for something, right?

15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

She does. And she's also very excited ;) :)

Not sure what to say, aside from thanks very much, obviuosly.
    I really do appreciate the thought, no matter who gets to benefit from the offer (which I think very nice as well!).

"If need be" ;) I'd be willing to pay myself as well ;)

On a more serious and important note: I'm glad to hear that you, Simon, are being better and hope it stays like that!

16. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Nice.

17. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

I didn't get a chance to thank those who gave me details re: getting to High Wycombe from London on the last thread, so thanks guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

18. Simon

Excellent. See you there.

19. Simon

Thank you.

Well it seems you all saw exactly where I was heading when I said one person would get their entry fee paid for.

Latikos, congratulations you are the winner.

All you have to do is pass it forward.

Do something for some one else that costs you nothing.

20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Since yesterday I tried to think of something smart to say, but aside from "Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!" nothing crossed my mind.

I mean - I certainly do appreciate that! So it ain't hollow words.
    It's quite some money for me and I have to save up for it anyway, so it even is a good help :)
    I just wish I knew sosmething smart to say ;) :eek:

I hope, I'll find something that would qualify for it.

Getting uo in the bus to let some elderly sit down doesn't seem to fit (and is something I naturally do anyway).