Youtube playback problem.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kframe, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Kaspersky was recommended to me, and I have really liked it. just finished a deep clean and nothing came up. I tried to download that cccleaner but I was having trouble getting it to move past security scans.

Ill try again tonight, I am about to go to work. Thanks for your help.

I mean, firefox works as in I can go to websites. Its just some of them are white and blank with basic links and videos and animations that wont work. Its like 90% of the webpage didn't load. I can travel to MAP and it works good. When I find a site that loads, Firefox looks nice, its just most of the net is off limits to it apparently.

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You were having issues with your PC before. Those issues are showing up worse with another web browser and you're blaming the browser? Ok then.

Did you try removing the Adobe Flash plug-in and reinstalling it? And umm ... Chrome. ;)

3. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Also check your Java is upto date.

4. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Aiki wolf, the only problem I was having before was with youtube. I had no other problems. I don't have a problem with how dash works, as when it does its unnoticeable. However, a lot of times as the video is playing, the dash will load a bit more ahead, as it should, but then disappear. Which cuases the video to stop.

I picked firefox because of how easy the reviews said it was to install youtube center. Chrome requires to many hoops to jump through.

5. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Edit to add, im updating java. Ill try a CCleaner again later ..

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

What hoops is Chrome requiring you to jump through on Windows? All I did on Linux was run the installer and that was it.

But the point I was making was that there is clearly some sort of configuration issue with your PC. All installing Firefox has done is give you a clearer picture of how bad the problem is. Firefox it's self is not the problem.

7. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok java was just reinstalled and updated and still same problem. Later tonight ill try the ccleaner after thing settle down here.

8. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Well like I said the only thing I want from this is youtube center, which is unavailable on IE. To enable youtube center to be used on chrome you have to do this developer mode stuff and im not comfortable with that.

What makes no sense is that some websites are ok and others not. This makes no sense.

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02wxwcS5Gzs"]How to Install YouTube Center plugin in Google chrome - YouTube[/ame]

10. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok I downloaded Chrome, However found out that regular chrom wont enable that extension because it didn't come from there webstore. So I am now downloading the pre release version. Apparently that was the developer mode I had read about earlier.

11. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok I got devmode chrome installed and it worked good. What's even funnier is that the problem with the dash playback stopped completely. Full buffering worked great when I turned it on.

I noticed that from about 10-12pm that my buffering would slow to a crawl. Some would buffer fully real quick and others would take time. On those were the buffering was taking a extra long time, I would just hit pause and it would buffer fully, but take some time. It felt like a connection lag issue, but speedtest said otherwise.

I according to google video quality report, that time frame in my area has LOTS and LOTS of HD video streaming going on at that time, with tapering down by 12am.

So now I have to figure out, if maybe this crappy AMD e300 is to blame for some of my ills.