What America Thinks of Europe, and viceversa, and many more

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Zabrus, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

What America thinks of Europe, and Europe of America, and Western Europe about Eastern Europe, and...

added spoiler tags because of one scene (which can be seen in the youtube 'cover')

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDqayC1sR7g"]What the UNITED STATES thinks of EUROPE (by Aleix Saló) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That was funny!

This is the sort of thing that us sophisticated European types like to think is typical of America:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls#t=60[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Oh my word, that "What Continental Europe thinks of the UK" one had me in stitches :D.

Though I think the line "I don't think France is a country" in Johnno's video might be my favourite line that I've heard in a while.

And I thought my geography was bad...

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

LOL! Oh, I'm sorry, but that "What the USA thinks of Europe" opening scene is such a true stereotype! Wrong, yes, and unfair, yes, but we do think it. Sorry. :)

The blonde in the game show -- I'm speechless. "Well, we could just call this show 'Are you Smarter Than a Man,'" she said. "I'd win that one." :jawdrop:

Ummmm ... to preserve my own faith in this country, I'm gonna keep telling myself she was acting that whole time. Because otherwise ... :cry:

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

We in the UK are clever enough to know that one stereotype can't possibly apply to the whole of America.
    As well as the fatty on a mobility scooter shooting guns there's also the inbred redneck people that will rape you in the woods. And shoot guns.

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

In fairness, American movie production companies push out so many gun movies that I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what the rest of the world thinks of us. I know because I live here that the scope of gun violence in movies is fantasy, but if I lived in a foreign country and saw all those movies year after year after year -- I would eventually believe that's what life in the USA is actually like. :dunno:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You, sir, are ten shades of awesome.