Fighting for English Title

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Unreal Combat, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Some of you already know this from Facebook but I thought I would share the news here also among my fellow MAP'pers.

On October 18th I will be fighting for the I.C.O Cruiserweight English Title. Fight format will be 5 x 1.5 minute rounds, no Headguard, under Full Contact Kickboxing rules.

Wish me luck. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Wallop ...Good Luck

Where is the fight nd against who ?

3. Unreal Combat

Not sure of the name of the other fighter, we've got video etc. He fought one of our other fighters before.

The fight will be in Alfreton, Derbyshire. My friend, and fellow fighter from my gym, will also be fighting in the main event for the W.R.S.A Super Cruiser Weight World title.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You'll tear it up man, I have absolute confidence in you.

5. Unreal Combat

Thanks Chadderz, the other guy is apparently pretty decent so it's not going to be an easy fight.

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Good luck mate! Sure you will smash it. Look forward to the video!

Cheers

Dan

7. Unreal Combat

Thanks Dan. Here's hoping I do but if not, can't win them all. Will give it my best on the night and hope for the best! Will be hard as he's pretty decent and also fighting on a home show so it will need to be a pretty convincing win on my part.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Total faith in you man, want to see those Thai sweeps!

9. Unreal Combat

There's no low kicks, it's punches and kicks above the waist only. Think foot sweeps are allowed though if I remember correctly. Would have preferred K1 Rules to be honest, as I love low kicking and kneeing, but I'm not going to turn down the opportunity to fight for a title.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Kick botty!!!!

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Take a look at the home page and you'll see the Twitter feed has been added.

The latest post is about your fight and this will have been fight by some of the top Thai gyms and fighters around the world.

#nopressurethen :)

12. Unreal Combat

Yeah, thanks for that! :D

13. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thats all we can do mate...Sure you will do fine but getting this far is a win in my book.

Nak Su Kow! Sorry had to do a Kickboxer reference!

14. Unreal Combat

Thanks. It's most definitely a fantastic opportunity for sure and, you're right, it's definitely a nice achievement to get a title shot in the first place. Here's hoping I can take advantage of the chance I've been given. :)

Funny you say this, I was practicing my Van Damme style helicopter kicks the other day. Well they end up more like jumping spinning crescent kicks, but still feel awesome to do, haha.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Video (in the technique thread) or it never happened. :D

16. Unreal Combat

Haha, I will try and get some footage next time. I think Van Damme does it much better though, haha.

17. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Pull this one off and I am sure you will get free drinks next MAP meet! just dont forget the slow mo Van Damme ARRRRRRRRCCCHHH when you connect..

18. Unreal Combat

If I pull that one off I'd buy myself a free drink too. :p

19. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

All the best with your preparation and (of course) the fight, luck only represents a small proportion of the outcome; there's some saying about how important the preparation is, but you already know that, so all I'll say is... Hands up! Hands up! Hands up!

What kind of psychological approach do you adopt?
    The reason I ask is that there's a story (that I heard via Tony Blauer) about Marvelous Marvin Hagler who used to visualise the guy he stepped in to the ring with not as his boxing opponent, but "as the man who is trying to take the food from my son's plate". I don't know how true the story is, but it seems like a pretty powerful method of motivation if you can taylor it to something you really care about...

20. Unreal Combat

Never really thought about that sort of psychological approach to be honest. It's an interesting concept to touch on though.