Top 9 Quentin Tarantino Movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wildcat22wilson, Aug 29, 2014.

1. wildcat22wilson

wildcat22wilson New Member

Inglorious Basterds is probably my fav but all still pretty epic!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL664OrBD5A"]Top 9 Quentin Tarantino Movies - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have never been able to stomach watching more than a couple of minutes of his films. Not my thing. Even Kill Bill.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Same, except pulp fiction. Watching it right now coincidentally.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Top 9? He's only got about 8 feature-length films that have been released so far. Top 9 seems a strange choice. Even if my math is wrong and he's done 9, top 9 would be... all nine.

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

The guy's a magpie.

His films just make me want to watch the films he's "paying homage" to.

6. ned

ned Valued Member

Then his job is done....(pretty cool soundtracks too :) )

7. David Harrison

I guess, but when he has original music in his films it just makes me want to listen to the music it is "paying homage" to.

Like the music from Django Unchained makes me want to listen to Ennio Morricone.

Nothing in his films are better, or even as good, as in the films he emulates.

Not that they aren't quite entertaining, but I feel he gets more credit as a film maker than he deserves.

I still quite like Resevoir Dogs though...

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I think he's overrated. My favorite was one he wrote but did not direct called "True Romance". It was directed by Tony Scott so it has a lot of elements of a Tarantino film that people enjoy without QT being full of himself & over the top. It has an all star cast featuring a small but compelling performance by Brad Pitt as Floyd.

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Reservoir Dogs is good. Nothing else to say on the subject :)

10. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Tarantino is clearly more than the sum of his parts because he has a definite and instantly recognisable style. Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds are excellent films, as is Jackie Brown is awesome.

11. David Harrison

You, sir, are a man of taste.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I like the interview he did with Krishnan Guru-Murthy where he makes himself look like the biggest prat ever to walk the face of the earth.