IBDA members...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kevin W Collins, May 25, 2015.

1. Kevin W Collins

Kevin W Collins Valued Member

Are there any members of Richard Van Donks International Bujinkan Dojo Association here on MAP?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Are all members of the IBDA video trained, or is it a majority, or even a minority?

3. Kevin W Collins

Some are video trained, some are trained otherwise. As far as giving numbers and percentages of who is trained by what method of training...I can't.

I can say this...everyone who trains is advised to seek a training partner, a training group, and/or a local IBDA dojo. but if they train at a local IBDA dojo, the testing remains at that dojo for all levels progressive.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Even where there are dojo and in-person training, I expect most instructors were video 'trained'. And even those who weren't answer to 'Master van Donk, Menkyo Kaiden' as their ultimate authority so their 'training' is about as valuable as Mr Collins's learning from watching Kung fu movies.

5. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Heh heh you got that right

6. garth

garth Valued Member

My question is why would you want to learn from a video when there are probably good instructors in your area?

Mr Collins where do you live?

7. Kevin W Collins

Garth, I understand the importance and reasons you ask where I live...that's not the focus of my original question here which is...

That says nothing about training in anything. It's fusen who asked a question about "video training"...

I answered fusens question as truthful and as honestly as I could to the best of my knowledge...

And I guess people took my honest truthfulness as a way of giving fusens buddies (afterall, he did thank them) for talkin' trash.

The original post says nothing about training of any kind.

Here is a quote where I spoke of membership in the IBDA...

Membership in the IBDA does not mean that member is a student. My original question was asked simply because I am curious to know if there is any IBDA members here on MAP as I do have a few "friends" who hold a membership with the IBDA.

So, may I direct attention back to the original question...

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Almost certainly not - his reputation is pretty poor outside the ninjutsu community

Inside it they just hate him

9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I don't think there's anyone silly enough to join.

[​IMG]

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Looks like something rude's been photoshop'd out of that image. :)

11. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Careful. OP has mentioned owning that set so the mods will probably slap you with "personal attack" for saying 'silly'.

12. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

13. Kevin W Collins

Yes the post that the first link is to is indeed one I posted while my membership was active.

No I didn't get the chance to visit the IBDA in Plano,TX. My mother had lived in Gainesville, TX at the time I posted there and I wasn't aware of the distance from Gainesville and Plano.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  14. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

So did you get to train with the dojo in Plano?

15. Kevin W Collins

As I stated in my first response to your question...No

16. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Why are you focussed on the IBDA and ninjutsu in particular? What led you to esteem martial artists like Richard Van Donk, the weirdo in the hakama To Shin Do dude and Frank Dux? If you have led your life by one rule, and it has led you to this, of what use was the rule?

[​IMG]

17. Kevin W Collins

The martial arts has always fascinated me.

I never heard of Richard Van Donk and the IBDA until I randomly types into a web browser the url www.ninjutsu.com

I never heard of Stephen K. Hayes until I met the showboat instructor claiming to have learned from SKH let alone that he founded To-Shin Do

And I became interested in Frank Dux when I seen the movie Bloodsport with Jean-Claude Van Damme

Watching Sho Kosugi and the movie Bloodsport is the reason I became interested in ninja and ninjutsu

So actually...blame it on the "ninja craze" of Hollywood that got me interested in ninjutsu

18. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Actually you didn't answer in your first response and it looks like you edited your post after.

But thanks for answering. :)

19. Kevin W Collins

Im sorry...it did happen like that. After I had posted and went back to read my post I had noticed that I did not actually answer your question and so I added my answer then I seen you ask me again

again sorry for that :)

20. Plusminus

Plusminus Valued Member

If I may ask, how old are you, Mr. Collins?