Approaching drunk people?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by LemonSloth, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Dont flatter yourself that you are worth intravenous attempts...most of the critiques are to stop any newbies or neophytes reading the utter bilge you are posting and mistaking it for being factual

2. cx4

cx4 Valued Member

One of the more disgusting drunks that I had to deal with several times a week for years -- picture layers of dried urine on pants-- ignored the warning signs and fences at a local construction site and fell head first into a construction ditch, breaking his neck. We pretty much did everything but throw a party afterward. Try being shut in a small space with someone who does nothing but drink themselves unconscious, wets themselves and repeats... Now, if I had said something about kicking drunks into construction ditches, then I could see perceiving that as violent imagery.

3. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

cx4, you have been warned once about your language and tone. Do correct it, as you will not be warned again. Others have managed to discuss the topic without stooping to the depths to which you've readily gone.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This is how I approach drunk people.....

[​IMG]

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You're a former taekwondo man, approach them properly!

[​IMG]

6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

People like you are the reason Doormen get stabbed and shot on the job.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If you believe he is a doorman and not personal attack removed

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Okay, that's enough of that. Mad Dog is being dealt with in accordance with ToS. Let's not let him muck up the forums any more than necessary by giving in to the temptation to violate ToS ourselves.

9. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

To the OP, while others have already said it, I want to echo that what you did was great from the perspective of being a decent human being, but probably unwise from a perspective of self-defense. Self-defense wise, I would recommend keeping as much distance as you can from people under any sort of intoxication.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

how does that work when you're inside a tavern?

11. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

If you can't join 'em, beat 'em? :D

12. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Honestly, the usual situation in which I would find myself around drunk people is that the drunk people are my friends, so it's difficult to take my own advice on this matter...