Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Oh, I'm from Canada, PRC mosquitoes are no problem for me. Skeeter parents tell their skeeter kids about me. I am become Death, destroyer of insects.

2. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Whose got the science? I've got the science! *flex*

Anyone been paying attention to all that "red meat is more carcinogenic" data that keeps coming out?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Try to tell me how to give nutritional advice... *peacock strut*

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

something i find amusing (and a martial arts comment, for a change :p): i've yet to test this against a bag or a training partner as at the moment i have regular access to neither, but my latest bouts of shadowboxing appear to indicate that my hooks are more similar to straight tsuki than my straights are (those being more similar to longfist punches).

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

VA healthcare just never ceases to amaze me. I got scheduled for an eye exam, but they didn't schedule me for one at the VA hospital I'm living 10 minutes away from. They decided I should be scheduled for my eye exam the next city over, two hours away at 75mph. :confused:

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Obviously that would just be far too convenient for you. :p

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

One thing I'd be interested in seeing is whether or not organic/nonorganic foods balance out per food item. I understand that the organic fruits have a greater concentration of nutrients, but I wonder if that isn't just because the nonorganic fruits have increased amounts of water and sugar, but contain the same amount of 'good stuff' overall.

8. 47MartialMan

Then there is the "placebo" part of it :eek:

9. LemonSloth

Professor Xavier would be the worst person to play poker against in history.

:eek:

10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

That's what I always found funny on Star Trek. A few scenes showed Deanna Troy, Data, Laforge, Warf and Riker all at the poker table. Not only are you up against a telepath, but also a super computer, a guy whose sunglasses that can see everything, and a guy who'd sooner rip your arms off than lose a pot. That's a bad table. All Riker had was his beard?

11. LemonSloth

But what a beard it was.

That and senior rank on the ship out of everyone except Picard, which I imagine might have made some difference. :p

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Today I trained in bare feet.

Training in bare feet is stupid and I have blisters on my toes.

That is all. :D

13. 47MartialMan

This may have to go into "The Training in Bare Feet" thread

On another note:, some of my relatives who are "country", WALK/RUN ON TOP OF GRAVEL ROADS

14. LemonSloth

As opposed to walking/running in the gravel roads? :D

15. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

The people I was around in Haiti had natural shoes (callous) on the bottom of their feet, they didn't need that manufactured crap. I kid you not, they could probably walk on broken glass and razors not get cut.

16. Fish Of Doom

clearly you lack conditioning. the solution is to roll your soles with a rolling pin and step really hard on boards with straw wrapped around them.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I wear gym shoes normally, so don't need additional conditioning.

If in a fight I'll not be stopping to take of my shoes.

Training in bare feet is stupid. It does however show that I'm pivoting nicely. :D

18. Fish Of Doom

but how can you use your dim mak kicking skills if you don't switch to vibram five fingers before you strike?

19. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

there is more to life than I know, but less than I think

20. LemonSloth

That I can believe actually. Must make their grip on smooth flooring suck though (like smooth wooden floors, gym flooring, etc), surely?

Speak for yourself, I've killed so many pairs of shoes trying to train with shoes on that most of my training has to be done bare foot just to save the money.