Carano vs. Rousey looks likely in December...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

I think she could absolutely beat Davis. Kaufman would be interesting.

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

On what do you base that? She hasn't fought in 5 years. 5 years is a long time in sport.

She's not being given a warm up fight because Dana (and possibly Carano herself) don't believe she can win it and that would rob the UFC of a big headline fight and Carano of a lot of dough.

Dana should just sign Cyborg and be done with it.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ugh, no. Not that steroid cheat.

Let's see if she can stay clean for a couple more fights AND make weight at 135 first. She will have to shed some of that muscle she got by cheating......

4. holyheadjch

If Belfort can be in the frame for Weidman, why can't Cyborg be in the frame for Rousey?

Oh right - one of them has a vagina.

5. aaradia

Don't assume I think Belfort has the right to be "in the frame" for Weidman.

I think the whole TRT exemption thing was a cheating joke and I am glad it is gone.

I am against steroids cheating with both men and women.

But if you don't think what steroids do to women in a sport that is just starting to get established isn't worse than what it does to men, you are quite mistaken.

Do you really need to see those before and after pictures of Cyborg- before and after what steroids did to her? You can't realistically say that isn't particularly bad for women in mma. Women looking masculine because of taking male hormones............not good for women's sports. I again cite the example of women's bodybuilding. Went from an awesome thing to a freak show because of women taking steroids.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

This is true, however... do NOT assume that all PED's will do that to a women... Cyborg IIRC was busted for Winstrol, which is odd because it really dries out the joints. It is a pretty good cutting drug and maybe she was having a hard time making weight so that's why she/whoever chose it for her.

Also, don't get to excited, as the T/E ratio is what triggers the CIR (carbon isotope ratio) test which is what will find synthetic testosterone. That ratio? above 6:1. Most normal men do not go over 4:1 and often that ratio is even 1:1. So technically men could still use and not be caught.

I will say however that having a TUE isn't exactly unfair for those who actually need it. I know kids who are 20 years old with test numbers in the 200's.. which according to labcorb the "normal" ratio is 350-1100 ng/dl. It's not fair for a kid or young guy to not be able to perform at his absolute best if he can't at least be in the normal range. There are MANY dangers of having low test... perhaps just as many as having it to high.

The problem is that none of these promoters really want this stuff stopped, if they did, it would be. New drugs can be developed (and are constantly) that can trick tests. There's steroid cleanse stuff all over the internet and in every gym in the modern world. So the sad fact is simply that this is not a problem that will be going away very easily. Everyone wants that edge. It's no longer a "may the best man/woman win" it's "hope my cycle was better than his/hers".

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  7. aaradia

The problems is that many or most of those that "need" it in the UFC needed it because their levels were screwed up from doing PED's in the past.

I had not issue with Forrest Griffin using it, because the guy had one testicle.

But someone like Chael, who needs it because is ratio's are low from past abuse? Yeah, I have an issue with that.

The sad thing is, your last paragraph is IMO quite true.

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Saved in Blood a friendly tip: If you click the box with quotation marks and plus symbol on each post you want to quote, then quote/reply to the last post, you will be able to address all the posts you want to in one post instead of multi posting and spamming the board.

9. Saved_in_Blood

I've never done a steroid in my life... never needed to as my thread that I had started about using vitamin D3 and a whole lot of bike riding, but I do know everyone's body does respond differently to it. The kids who are 18-20 years old are pure idiots for using that stuff. They are at the height of their growing ability, their endocrine systems will likely never be the same after doing it that young. Injuries come more often to the uneducated because you can push so much harder while using and the tendons just start to snap since they haven't been lifting without using for long enough for the ligaments and tendons to have adapted to constant stress... then comes along even more weight and snap. You could also use grappling in that same area. Then many people wonder why some of these athletes get injured so often :eek:

Saying all that, when it comes to some having low T because of past use is an issue for the simple fact that if they can't prove they did it, they just look like another guy with low T. Makes things very difficult.

10. Saved_in_Blood

ok, i'll look it over thanks

11. aaradia

I know that was addressed to SIB, but I also did not know how to use quotes in that manner. That is very helpful! Thanks!

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

You're welcome. :)

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Man, once you get a new internet browser you're going to be high speed as hell! :D

14. Combat Sports

Everyone in that division who could of posed any actual threat has already been demolished, with an exception of Tate who just fought her.

(I personally would like to see Tate III and Sara McMann II. Holly Holm will be interesting. But that's really all that's left to do outside of Cyborg.)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. holyheadjch

People forgot about Zingano real quick

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I want to see her get another crack at Rousey. She's looked really good recently.

I think the reality of the division though is the same as it was in prime Anderson days at 185: It doesn't matter who you put in there because they're most likely going to lose. The real shame of it is that that then makes the division look shallow when really there's a few good fights there. Just not for the title.

17. aaradia

I didn't. :D I already brought her up on this post as being the one who should be next in lne. See my earlier post!

18. Combat Sports

I will have to watch more of her fights, but she didn't do anything against Miesha Tate that particularly stood out to me as "This is the Rousey killer".

19. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

She needs to fight Connor Mcgreggor next.. Whoever he is.

20. Saved_in_Blood