Street Knock-outs and Street Fights

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

If you approach me like a man instead of trying to take a cheap shot or whatever then I will give you the chance to get on your feet and either give up or keep going. If I feel it's a dangerous situation where they may have a knife, gun or something else... then you do what needs to be done to stop them completely. However, I have really no intention of going out and finding someone to engage in mutual combat with. I'm perfectly ok with getting beat up by my instructor. It's all for fun, for fitness and SD ONLY if it's ever needed for me. Really, if I put them down, I'd likely just run away asap anyway.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Ah, I'm not really one for that honorable combat "mano a mano" stuff. :p

3. Saved_in_Blood

well, all of us are different. I've always been more concerned about my temper taking over instead of thinking now, while I'm calm what I would like to think I would do vs. what I might actually do. Hopefully if I ponder the better side of things long enough, I will act on it more often.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Jeez, I like watching these kinds of videos sometimes but reading this thread it seems I'm a terrible person!

I like violence though, and am pretty accepting of it happening to myself or others. One thing I don't like to see is the "follow up" to knocking somebody out. The only time that's necessary is if you're trying to kill somebody, and to continually hit somebody when they're knocked out on the street (whether they have the intention to kill or not) is just amateurish to me, a lack of control and discipline the individual has. That's the part that disgusts me about it, along with the added suffering their victim has to go through. I'm not big on watching people suffer, but I'm not particularly shaken if somebody is killed outright and quickly (my video viewing goes beyond street fighting and into terrorist/militant propaganda).

Most people infatuated with violence have never really experienced it from what I've experienced. There are still plenty of people who are familiar and enjoy or partake in the viewing (and participation of it) as well though. I'm not as "into it" as I was when I was younger and had little exposure to actual violence, and when I view these things now it's more of an assessment and observation practice but I still get the goosebumps from what I guess is the evil blood of excitement coursing through me.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I feel the same way man. I don't mind seeing two people who want to fight. I dislike one person fighting and the other not. I dislike "follow up" strikes, and I hate watching people fall on concrete. I also don't like other people shouting at them.

Have you seen the video of two sambo guys going at it in a street fight? Suplexing each other into the dirt! It was great ;D

6. Ero-Sennin

One person fighting and the other not isn't a fight! That's assault and bullying! Lol.

Follow up strikes are the worst man, and they always disgust me. It bothers me more to see that then see somebody get executed on liveleak from and extremist group. Especially knowing what it's like to have a sever concussion, it really makes me cringe and get upset. Concrete certainly sucks!

I haven't seen that video yet. Care to post it or PM it to me in case it's against ToS?

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

There is a video out there of a street fight. One guy knocks the other one unconscious, walks away, then walks back and pushes him over an overhang into a freeway a few feet below.

In reality, it is probably a video of a murder.............

I watched it because my former teacher was making a point and using it on another forum. In retrospect, that video haunts me and I wish I hadn't seen it.

It did bring to mind the dangers of being knocked out in a street fight.

I don't search out these video's on youtube. But I do watch them if someone posts them in a MA forum to illusrate some point or another.

8. Saved_in_Blood

Those people are called chickens... or in this case as you said "murderers". Even if the person doesn't die, they obviously have the idea that they don't care if they die... so it's attempted murder at the very least IMO. Biggest problem is that most people try to sneak attack you, whether it's an attempt to rob you, rape, or just looking for someone to beat on. It's always good when they find the wrong person on that rare occasion we get to see them knocked senseless.

9. Remi Lessore

Remi Lessore Valued Member

I suppose many of us study martial arts because we also fear the savage inside us while retaining a cautious interest in what he might do.
    We control and those guys don't but I also think, there but the grace of God go I. How much would it take to tip me into barbarity? A lot, I hope. But who really knows?

All a bit deep for Greenwich mean time. Where's the beer?

10. Pretty In Pink

ta-da!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWpDu7zwXuE"]MMA Streetfight - YouTube[/ame]

11. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

No matter what anyone is doing, they will stop and look if a fight breaks out anywhere in sight.
    Forest griffin said something in his book like.. If some guys are playing foot ball on one corner, other guys playing pool on another corner, someone else playing table tennis on another and a couple of guys having a scrap on the other corner... What would u stop to watch ?

12. Saved_in_Blood

I like to watch street fights when I see someone who runs their mouth to the wrong person and then after they get schooled or just 1 punch KO'd, they find out they were a GG champion, MT practitioner, BJJ artist... anything. I like to see people get what they ask for. No matter how tough you think you might be, there's always someone tougher and the ones to watch for the most in my experience are the ones who don't run their mouth at all. They just get to a point when they are just ready to throw down!

13. Ero-Sennin

Or they say, "you got it, you're a bigger person and I should dip my knee to you."

And then you read about the person they gave in to being murdered in their home at night a couple days later.

The people who do that are the worst, definitely don't want to mess with them. :p

14. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

That mma street fight that Chadders posted was right up your alley then?

15. Pretty In Pink

Did you see the Russian guys on page two of this thread man?

16. Pretty In Pink

This one I actually liked:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2OsikNadxE"]Had Him Tapping Out: 34 Year Old Man Gets His ASS Beat By A 17 Year Old Kid [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

17. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

I have never lost a fight in the street, if you could call them fights. Alot when i was younger and few pub skirmishes perhaps. If i put someone down they are always allowed the chance to get up i never follow up with another attack (i have once and left the guy a bit of a mess, i had to be dragged off him).

Interestingly though most of my fights ended up going to ground as that's were i am comfortable but i have put people in a position of such discomfort that they have given up. No need to follow up and i have actually fallen out with people who try to "help" me by getting involved. Again most of this in my teenage years.

Generally it hasn't been difficult to put them down so i have no issues that i will do it again just as easily and im no great fighter but when i was in my youth i'd say i was pretty good.

I remember getting caught up in a skirmish in Capos (nightclub) one night where a guy hit me as a case of mistaken identity and immediately crumpled to the ground holding his hand. Silly bugger didn't know how to punch and broke his hand. I didn't follow up as he was already beaten and he didn't actually cause any real damage to me.

Baza

18. Pretty In Pink

Hahaha, and then he also realises he didn't even hit the right guy.

19. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Yeah thats exactly what happened. I think the majority of people however don't know how to punch.

Baza

20. Saved_in_Blood

In my home it's different... I will use no martial arts. I will be shooting you if it's at all possible. If not, my Wife will hear it and will be shooting them. Perhaps one of our 4 larger dogs goes after them... perhaps not. I don't rely on them though. I don't mind dying because I was protecting my Wife and child. A father is how would I put it? I guess an expendable protector. He will always need his Mother... he would be ok without me if need be though.