The Global Warming Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by David Harrison, Mar 3, 2016.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

You're entirely correct. It was a poor analogy. Forgive me, I am prone to them.

Now give us the data showing how effective Trump's policies will be, or that show global warming to be a hoax, or that evolution was fabricated by the Elders of Zion or whatever it is you believe...

2. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

The Trump data will be available in 5-8 years, the other data is follow the money!

3. David Harrison

4. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Is it bigaircon?

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Did you read the paper I posted? Can you discuss/understand the data presented within?

7. philosoraptor

8. philosoraptor

9. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Maybe you should put co2 in your ceiling instead of insulation, then your house will keep the heat in better.

The air does not heat up from the top of the atmosphere down, the sun heats the earth and heat rises !, does that make sense to you at all, if the sun stopped shining the upper atmosphere will not keep you warm.

10. David Harrison

Attached Files:

11. philosoraptor

Without the insulating effect of the atmosphere we would lose much of that heat. The sun stop shining on the Earth often, every 12 hours give or take. Despite that our atmosphere does keep us warm, ensuring that the Earth is not 65F or so cooler than it is.

Your basic knowledge on this subject is really lacking. Consider educating yourself before endorsing conspiracy theories.

http://ase.tufts.edu/cosmos/view_chapter.asp?id=21&

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If that's your level of understanding of the environment and the mechanics of climate change then I guess Trump's gonna romp into the White House on the back of a steed fashioned from pure ignorance.

13. David Harrison

Oh my! :eek:

What happens at night?

https://www.ucar.edu/learn/1_3_1.htm

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Actually air is an insulator. Why do you think your hairs stand up when you get cold?

15. philosoraptor

Just honestly, we have known that CO2 insulates heat since 1859. You are quite literally a century and a half behind on this subject.

16. philosoraptor

17. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Heat rises, the earth has been changing temperature up and down for hundreds of thousands of years, it's natural., speculations are not facts., just because something moved on a chart does not mean it is the reason why something else moved, the environment is way more complicated then that.

18. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

19. David Harrison

"Moore left Greenpeace almost 30 years ago. Greenpeace says he wasn’t a founder, but he was around in the early days. Moore took his job at the Frontier Centre – a Canadian “free market” think tank that doesn’t reveal its funders – in late 2014."

So he's legit, because you can't follow his money ;)

20. David Harrison

I hope you've written to climate scientists worldwide to let them know how the atmosphere works, and that it is way more complicated than they ever knew!

Please, enlighten us a little here. Give us a taste of these complexities. Give them to us via peer-reviewed studies.