EU referendum

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Feb 23, 2016.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Hmmm...

I'm thinking it's more like the best way she could spin being told by the EU that we're not allowed to stay in the single market without keeping up our EU dues.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

she's learning from trump, that's for sure. where there's no cooperation, no diversity, no altruism. everything is a zero sum game.

welcome to the trade wars.

i hope that for the usa and gb, the rest of the world doesn't figure out that they really don't need either of us anymore.

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

She's a moron. She's either pandering to hard line brexiters like we're still campaigning or she actually thinks its the right move and neither is good.

I don't get this attitude that we won't be in the single market but we want tariff free trade and all this other stuff. Its not a menu. And the EU does actually have other members with brains and thoughts and voices and power they won't just magically give us what we want.

So annoyed with this speech. I'm also starting to give actual thought to emigrating after I graduate for the first time and I don't seem to be the only student in that boat. Granted, I'm doing an EU degree so that's kinda to be expected, but still.

I expected her to try and control the damage not openly throw us into more of it.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think she's just very successfully sabotaged the whole thing.

5. David Harrison

I think she's been told what is going to happen and now she is repeating it like it was her idea.

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

If she's said she'll cross the red lines of the other parties and that there'll be a vote on the deal, and given that the bulk of her own MPs are inherently remain, she has literally set it up to fail.

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Theresa May just told the truth. You can't complain about politicians lying all the time then attack them for speaking truth.

Freedom of movement was a non starter because like it or not, that is the single biggest factor in anti-EU sentiment in the UK, therefore we could not stay in the single market.

8. Giovanni

you're right, but it doesn't make it better.

9. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Aaaaw. :(

10. Giovanni

way to necro a post from nov. 3rd that makes you look bad.

do you hate gay people and immigrants? or just gay people, or just immigrants. just so i know the depth of depravity that i'm dealing with.

11. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

My brother in law whom I love dearly is gay. His wedding was the best I’ve ever been to. So is one of my uncles and a lot of my good friends past and present. I am an immigrant myself. Apart from that your arguments are quite on point. You seem extremely agitated. Breathe in, then out.

12. Giovanni

you love your brother in law so much you use a gay slur on an anonymous internet forum. good work.

way to try to shift the conversation onto giovanni.

13. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

I mean spanking. You obviously mean something else. But even within your own frame of reference, you can tax me of ignorance or thoughtlessness at best. Still not the same as homophobia. Anything else needs clearing up, you just let me know.

14. Giovanni

whatever. don't want to be called out as an ****, don't use bigoted language.

15. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

My thoughts, exactly. See, we agree on something.

16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Stop with the bickering you two.

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

They're making a grab for Gibralter!

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Was always going to happen. The UK basically abandoned Gibraltar as part of the referendum.

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The next few months are going to be fun all round.

Just a quick update on my end. Our industry in Romania is struggling quite badly with the exchange rate. One of our units closed and another is getting ready to. We have already started sending some production to Morroco as they are now more competitive than Romania, where in the past they were always more expensive. We're also looking at production in Sri Lanka.

20. David Harrison

Is the extra distance going to affect profits? Or are you hopeful for your business?

Do you think it could end up being better for your company?