Double Nunchucks

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Wearing Grey, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

Hey guys,

Now that I have gotten bored with the single nunchuck, I have gone to the double. Does anyone know of a place on the web I can find some new techniques to do with them? At my old school, they taught weapons, but my new school doesnt. So now i practice on my own. Problem is, I never trained with the double nunchucks there so I am in a pickle.

I can do all the normal spins and strikes, I can also do the wraps, but that is about it. If anyone can help me out it would be great.

Thanks,

WG

2. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

3. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

Thanks Chazz,

It seems really cool. Do you know of any other places that explain the techniques too? Those videos on there looked cool, they are only 20 bucks so that is awesome for MA video's, they are usually more expensive.

Thanks!!!

WG

4. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Is that the same Michael Burke that used to read the news? :D

5. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

theres this website.... www.nunchaku.tv and there video clips for doubles are all right, but it might be down because they said they were working on putting up a way to control the speed on the video clips (it goes very fast), anyways, that's a good place to try if you're lookin for some fancier movies

6. Chris J.

Chris J. Valued Member

Hello,
    We do some practice katas with double nunchaku. One uses simple extensions of the single nunchaku use done bilaterally with the same timing, the other two are much more difficult. They use asynchronous movements, i.e. the right and left side are doing different things with different timing. These two are outside anything else I have ever seen done with that weapon. Not sure where you are located; I am in the US in central Illinois. Sending a Cd would be interesting but I pitty the person who ever tried to learn them like that; it would probably not be possible.

-Chris J.