What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Bloody thing turned up just as I saved.

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

As he said - magnificent ;)

I'd probably throw a fit :D

3. Gimpy

Gimpy New Member

It's pretty cool. Little slow at the beginning of the game, but when you can control all 3 caracteres, it's allot of fun. Trevor is NUTS, never know what is gonna do :woo:. The heist are awesome, should be more of it. I find it better then the 4. My favorite will still be Vice City, the ambiance, 80's music and it was my first GTA. Overall great game.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Got Rocksmith working, no lag which is good. Quite enjoyed the minigames. I'm string at the beginner level even though I can play guitar a little because I need to get use to the game.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Just got bought "Stick of Truth" - with everything else I have to play there goes my spare time!!!

6. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Pick an easy song to start. An oasis song is a good place to start. Currently learning voodoo Chile (slight return). Jimmi loves those bends.

Baza

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

:happy:

Stick of Truth is great. Surprisingly short (only about 10 - 11 hours gameplay realistically) and at times hilarious and almost offensive at points. But worth playing through for the story :D.

------

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. With the Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles dlc's as well. Weird to get used to again after playing Skyrim, you definitely notice where Skyrim's gameplay mechanics feel smoother. But still loving it. First time I've tried using conjuration and illusion magic though, not sure how I feel about it (I normally stay away from all magic as much as possible).

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Shivering Isles was great, but got a bit repetitive for me....mind you my character was pretty much unstopabble by that point so I may have to revisit it

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Telltale collection is pretty cool.

I have big hopes for Tales from the Boarderlands.

10. Pretty In Pink

I'm starting at the beginner level so it's not too difficult. I'm for sure going to buy more songs from the marketplace! Got my eye on ADTR and Rise Against already.

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Do not buy Alice in Chains and Alter Bridge as a complete noob and then freak out as you try to play a million notes. Someone I knew did that once.

12. Pretty In Pink

"Someone" eh? A friend?

13. FoxyKirby

FoxyKirby Valued Member

Been laying down the gospel of the kirbonics on TF2 as usual. If anyone wants to learn how to properly celebrate Kirbsmass.

Fruits of the last kirbtastic thrashing:
    http://puu.sh/eSw99/6fb4d24586.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  14. Rhythmkiller

Sunset Overdrive. Jet set radio with guns.

Brilliant!!

Baza

15. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Sunset Overdrive is quality.

16. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I've become re-obsessed with dwarf fortress. At the moment I am constructing a labyrinth, supervised by my crossbow dwarves and a golden temple suspended over a volcano, into which I will deposit all my captured goblins and the brave warrior dwarves who gave their lives to the city of Merchantstacks. It is year 10 in the world, there are few civilizations on my continent and the many forgotten beasts are giant and restless and walk this world with abandon. Nevertheless, I've begun smelting bronze, and my hammer dwarves should be able to take care of them. If not, I have carved out a pipeline for my fortress that will flood the entire thing with magma. They may take my golden craft goods, but they can never take the fortress.

17. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Playing through Vampire the Masquerade bloodlines on the PC as a Ventrue blue blood, had it for a while but first time I have played it properly.. Excellent story and atmosphere and each clan plays differently so plenty of replay value.

On the 360 playing Dragons Age 2 after completing Dragons Age Origins before starting Dragons Age Inquisition .

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Played the first episode of a game called "Life is Strange" by Dontnod Entertainment, published by Square Enix. Dontnot is a relatively small company with only one other gaming title to their name (one called Remember Me - which IIRC is about someone who can erase memories in a futuristic setting being hunted by her former employers).

Much like the Walking Dead games, Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us (thank you Telltale Games!), Life is Strange follows a similar method of story based game in which your actions later have often unseen consequences and reactions.

It's actually very good overall, despite being "yet another story game where your decisions matter" which seems to be getting progressively spammed.

Initial thoughts were that the animation style was a little simplistic and cartoony but it's actually very easy to look at and nothing that makes you want to gouge your eyes out (like anything in the background for the first episode of Game of Thrones on my 360).

You play the role of a girl called Max who has gone to college to study photography and get all the inner monologue and sarcasm you'd expect - well, less, but you know what I mean. After witnessing a homicide, she discovers she has the power to rewind time to a point and sets about correcting things that happen during the day, essentially becoming an "every day hero". There's also the overriding sense of fear that in just a few days after the game starts a colossal storm is going to hit the town she lives in and kill everyone.

I'm a little conflicted on the game mechanics of being able to rewind time. On the one hand, being able to rewind and see the consequences of your actions (in the immediate sense) does take out much of the drama and dilemma in making a choice, something that I absolutely adored with The Walking Dead games. There's also no time limit on the choices either with, again, reduces the drama.

On the other hand, when you see the other options you could take, it still doesn't feel much better. You might avoid getting into trouble only to develop a poor relationship with a character. Replay that and instead you might save that character from some unfair treatment but put yourself in the firing line. You also have the rather cool ability to rewind time while still having moved forward ahead of the time frame you were in previously. Whilst it appears to be perfectly normal movement for the gamer, essentially your character would have (in real terms) teleported a short distance forward to avoid an obstacle. There's also some great mini puzzle bits that often require you to rewind and try again to avoid certain circumstances.

The end result is a game in which you actually get the feeling the girl is a real character of her own rather than a semi Commander Shepard impersonator (I'm looking at you, Bigby Wolf!) in a story that is surprisingly believable and a main character who is remarkably likeable. A story in which I genuinely want to find out more.

I'm also thinking of downloading "Remember Me" later and giving that a go, to see if that game also holds up to the same kind of quality and standards.

19. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Playing Shadowrun Returns and really enjoying it. Something about it really takes me back to the mid 90s. The point and click nature of it means it can be played with a small child on your lap too, which is a plus.

20. Rhythmkiller

Metro Redux.

One of the scariest games I have played and a superb re-imagining of the original. The original release of Metro 2033 was by all accounts a very middle of the road first person shooter. Go forward four years and that middling FPS has been updated to bring it in line with current gen graphics and gameplay.

I actually owned the original version of this on the 360 it wasn’t the AAA title everyone had expected it to be and I only played it for a few missions got bored and gave it to a friend, he has had it ever since. He finished it but thought it fairly terrible.

I picked this up the other day, Metro Redux. A box set of sorts including Metro 2033 and the critically acclaimed Metro last light including all DLC on the disc from game for the Xbox one for £17.99 – an absolute steal.

Upon starting Metro 2033 I immediately noticed the massive graphical overhaul. Running on the last light engine I believe all the old game mechanics seem to be completely stripped and re-written bringing into line with last lights. Stealth areas actually allow you to remain in darkness and kill without bringing every member of the faction your stalking down upon you where-as in the previous version this was impossible. As soon as you killed someone all guards were alerted. Stealth killing is now a major part of the game and in my recollection this didn’t exist four years ago. Concealment is the key to navigating the massive Metro station in Old Russia or you could go guns blazing but this has a higher price than you might think. You see the economy in Metro is based around bullets. These bullets are the currency used to purchase everything in the Metro from guns to grenades and air filters for your gas mask. It’s a mechanic that works splendidly forcing you to decide if you want to go stealth or kill everything gung-ho style.

Leaving the Metro and it’s factions takes you to the ruined city of Moscow were werewolf like creatures and flying demons taunt and harass you constantly. You can stand your ground if you wish but running to an abandoned building to take cover is the better option just hope the building you ran into doesn’t contain any surprises. I sat in wait at one point afraid to leave my salvation until my watch alarm went off letting me know it was time to change my air filter, lingering out in the irradiated surface isn’t an option.

An unbelievable job has been done on this re-imagining and to be perfectly honest I couldn’t believe it was the same game. The tension created when outnumbered and stalked throughout the library by the monsters known simply as the “librarians” is genuinely nauseating creating a fear that a grown man simply shouldn’t feel. I have read the books and the Librarians look exactly as my imagination thought. They are basically shaved guerrillas. You can kill one but you won’t have any ammo left after it and there are quite a few in the library. You are directed by one of the NPC’s in how to deal with them. Keep your eyes on them at all times, if they come toward you move back but stand your ground and it will leave you alone. If you turn your back on it then you’re dead. You go from one encounter to the next hopelessly looking behind as the one you got rid stalks you from its aggro location – there is no respite.

Love this game now, still not finished it but Ranger hard-core mode beckons before I attack last light.

Baza