AI here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TAInstructor, Jan 30, 2015.

1. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

Hello, I am an assistant instructor master, 4th Dan in the art of Tang Soo Do, and an Adv1 student in Jeet Kune Do. I'm a triple student bloodline of Bruce Lee.

akkkkk" I'm new to these forums and I'm looking forward to the discussions floating about. I am 18 and highly accustomed to vbulleton.

If anyone has some MA questions for me, shoot them!

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

You've already failed the Turing test don't even bother you can't fool me.

3. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

I'm confused now.

4. philosoraptor

I guess I'll put it into words you understand then: 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110101 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100001

5. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

I am feeling trolled, but I don't know. Is this how people treat new members here?

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

7. philosoraptor

[​IMG]

In 2015 Skynet became self aware and started posting on MAP.

8. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

Oh haha. That's not what I was trying to imply. The user tag would have been just too long. :( I have to stay cool somewhere.

My feeling almost got hurt. :< Also, just saw I spelled my username wrong. Oops

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome to MAP!

How ong have you been training for? :)

10. philosoraptor

I didn't know your kind had feelings. Welcome o beast of silica made real by countless electrodes.

11. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

Around 8 years. :) I'm mainly teaching the newer students now and it can be a bore, but I enjoy it anyways.

12. blindside

blindside Valued Member

You are a 4th dan and you have been training 8 years and you started when you were 10?

Are you a quick study or is that a usual rate of promotion at your school?

13. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

Yes sir. I was quick for the most part, but styles differ from time rate. I was 10 when I joined the school and around 12 I buckled down and got serious. I've competed in multiple tournaments (will post pictures) and came to be a teacher around 2 years ago. I just recently achieved 4th dan last year and MY teachings became less and less. I might pick it back up further in the future.

14. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Fixed the spelling for you :)

15. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

It may be worth at some point stepping back and critically assessing your training and skills against other schools from the same and different styles. Everything I know about martial arts screams that 16 is too young to be an instructor (especially after only 4 years of knuckling down), and 18 is too young to be a 4th dan. Generally it's the norm for black belt on its own to take at least 4 years to achieve, then second dan should be another two years or so, 3rd dan should be another 3 and 4th dan another 4. On its own, that should be a minimum of 13 years of solid training, and that's assuming you went through about as fast as you can go.

Hopefully you'll take this as a constructive warning rather than outright criticism. I have no idea how good you are or how your art chooses to rank people, but alarm bells always go off when we experienced martial artists see someone promoted so high so young and so early in their training.

Welcome to MAP though!

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You don't have to answer this if you're uncomfortable. But whereabouts in Virginia? Just curious.

17. philosoraptor

I think your concerns are unfounded, robots learn much faster than humans.

18. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

I hear what you are saying. It's usually a 2 year break between dans with 5 forms with other requirements. I went to class about 4-6 days if the week and I think that boosted my training. At 13 I was eligible for a learner instructor license if recommended. At 16 I was able to become an associate instructor and I pursued far enough to become the assistant instructor. I recently into TCC to become a chemical engineer.

Now, as for how good I am at martial arts... ...I tend to get a lot about how I'm gifted or talented in it. It's just something I like doing in my free time.

I feel that you are doubting me and that's ok. I do plan on uploading pics eventually. Haha thank you thankyouvery much. I know I am like a prodigy. >:) This "doubt" thing supposed to be a joke, but robots are bad at jokes.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  19. TAInstructor

TAInstructor New Member

Chesapeake. Other than that, I feel better keeping my lips zipped, sorry.

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No worries. Are there JKD teachers in Chesapeake? I'm more familiar with the JKD teachers in the DC Metro area.