Fighting again next March!

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Southpaw535, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

After a reasonably decent first fight followed by half a year of injuries, illness and laziness I'm finally fighting again.

So, on March 7 I'll be fighting on Shock n Awe 19, which is awesome because fighting on SnA has been my goal since I took up mma so I am very excited.

It'll be an ammy fight, 3x3 minute rounds, at 145 pounds. Apparently there are two opponent options for me: One is a fellow I watched fight at the last SnA which I really wish I'd paid more attention to or could remember anything about. It'd be an interesting one as he's more experienced than me having fought on a big show already, but he has been tapped by a training partner of mine which gives me some confidence. He normally fights at 135 though so my coach thinks its unlikely he'll take it which is fair enough.

I am doing an mma interclub next Sunday and I'm told if its an alright fight I'll probably just get matched against him so that'll be cool.

Some mild nervousness for this as my stand up still needs work. Starting to attend boxing classes a few times a week from now on so hopefully by the time March rolls round I'll be slightly better at not blocking punches with my face :p

Soooo yeah. That's it really. Obviously, if anyone fancies being around Portsmouth on March 7 and buying a ticket off me that would be lovely as I do have sales to make :hat:

There's normally a party after the show too so it'd be a nice chance to chill out and have a couple drinks with some of you.

Not much else to say really other than that I'm incredibly excited to get to fight again, especially on this show. If I do this and literally nothing after then I will have achieved the big goal I started aiming for 3 odd years ago. It's going to be a very awesome night :D

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Sweet!!

Keep us updated! Hopefully can pop down.

Edit: cant thank the thread. Did the math, I should be off that weekend.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nice. march 7? i MIGHT (MIGHT) be able to go see you :D

4. Southpaw535

Between my bjj and the wrestling and striking I can expect shouted at me then I'll have this tied up nicely

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Brilliant! I know that's a huge promotion for you man!

I'm fighting on the 8th of March :p

6. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Great!

Train well and go get him when the time comes!

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Congratulations! Wish I could attend but the commute is a bit much. Best of luck! Train hard! The rest will take care of itself.

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Wishing you all the best. A trip to Ulster that'd been slated for November's been indefinitely postponed...but who knows? Anything could happen between now and March. :)

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm down for a trip to Portsmouth.

How much for tix?

10. Southpaw535

30 mate. Bit pricey I know, but the show's one of the better ones. Lot of fights, and the last one had one of the cagewarriors top tier main eventing. Plus I get a cut so think of it as helping a poor student pay his dentist bills :p

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

On sale yet or pay on door?

Anyone else up for a celebratory* MAP booze up around town afterwards?

*You will win or face exile from the Motherland.

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Awesome, good luck!

On that note (no intent to thread hijack, just don't see the point in making a new thread about it yet as there's no official confirmation) I might be fighting for European title the month after. So will be a good period of the year for MAP'pers to see some awesome from it's active fighters before the MAP Meet in June! :)

Let me know how your training goes. If you need some fresh sparring partners for standup training maybe we can arrange something later down the line.

13. Southpaw535

You'll grab them off me, I just haven't been given them yet. Although I might be able to grab some. A mistake I made last time was not reminding people to get them off me and I ended up short on sales :p

14. Southpaw535

Was on my phone earlier so couldn't reply to this properly. Thank you very much for the sparring offer mate. I'll probably take you up on it in the new year. If its ok with you I might ask around and see if anyone would be interested in coming up too.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Aaron, if you have any space to train, even your front room, then I'm up for coming down one weekend to go through some boxing.

16. Southpaw535

Legend mate. Not a huge amount of space in my flat, but if you're ok with it my gym's open weekends. If not, there's a few parks nearby.

17. Unreal Combat

You're more than welcome mate. Maybe we can organize something between your gym and mine for some sparring at both clubs as I have no doubt both would benefit from the experience.

As Simon said, we can arrange something if you want the additional input. Always happy to help.

18. Southpaw535

I've messaged my K1 coach to see if any of his guys would be interested. They just hosted an open sparring session between a few gyms that in hindsight I should of asked you about. Seriously appreciate that offers for help though guys. You're awesome.

19. Southpaw535

I double checked this just now, and sadly, there's no way to buy them online and credit them to me which sucks (my ability to sell tickets, or not sell them, was a very large sticking point in whether I would be allowed to fight or not) so what I'll probably do is post them to anyone who wants one once I get them in the New Year and figure something out for payment. Bank transfer probably.

20. Unreal Combat

Awesome. We host open sparring sessions on a regular basis also (we're doing one tomorrow, lol) and I have a few fighters looking to take their first fights in April so I am sure we can arrange something that will work for both clubs. Perhaps we can come down one weekend, and you guys come up to us one weekend and we can help both camps fighters with preparation. Won't be until the new year though as we're busy up until club closure over Christmas.

Feel free to pass my contact details onto your coach.

Paying it as a Paypal Gift is a safe option, then just post them via Recorded Delivery upon receipt of payment.