Muay Thai Training Videos

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I thought I would show everyone at MAP how I'm getting on with Muay Thai since my Interclub fight as I get ready for my next (which is on the 26th of January). So here's a bit of Thai Pad Training from this past Sunday. It's worth noting here that this particular session followed a pretty gruelling training exercise that involved lots of steps, and lots of running (around 10km).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqsU0cBuuo"]Thai Pad Training[/ame]

Apologies for the video quality. Youtube seems to have butchered it (they're normally a lot better quality).

If anyone else wishes to share their own personal Muay Thai training videos in this thread please feel free to.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

solid, solid, solid. Your left hook :)47) has some KO power!

Just saw the bit about having done a session and a 10km run previous to this...I woulda thought you fresh from a two minute skip.

3. belltoller

"That's it. Make 'im taste 'is breakfast." LOL. Sounds like Michael Bisping off camera.

4. Unreal Combat

You have to try and hide tiredness in Muay Thai as you're scored on condition also. Secretly inside I was screaming, especially when doing pyramids, lol!

This is basically what I do every Sunday now. Step running, followed by 10km run, then more step running. This is with other fighters, not just solo. Then straight to the gym and between 2-3 hours on pads (with breaks, I'm not a machine yet! :D).

I certainly feel it by the Tuesday two hour class, lol!

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Awesome vid there dude, you're looking really strong :)

6. Unreal Combat

Thank you! :)

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Some good old solid padwork. Its that stuff right there where you learn the most in my opinion.

I was hoping for a Superman after the teeps :D . Love that combo.

You reminded me that I got to work on my teep/counter teeps, so thumbs up.

I too giggled at "Make him taste his breakfast" thats a forearm tattoo in the making.

Looking good.

8. Unreal Combat

I agree whole heartedly.

I'll throw one in next time, just for you. :D

I'll get it tattooed on my knee in Thai after my first decision win by knee to the ribs. :D

Thanks! :)

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Ouch! I'm gonna introduce steps into my runs soon. Kinda both dreading and looking forward to it. I'll be skipping any other training after it...especially if it takes 2 hrs.

Nice video!

10. Unreal Combat

What we do is run this...

[​IMG]

We run up the steps and then back down the ramp (left hand side of the pic, we don't cross the bridge), then back round the steps. That's one lap. We do ten laps of that, then run to the park, do 6 laps of the park, then run back and do another ten laps of the steps.

The complete exercise itself takes about an hour in total. The two hour session I referenced is a normal class session.

The second set is the hardest set. The first set is pretty easy. It isn't as bad as you think as long as you pace yourself and keep your muscles loose after. Don't let them stiffen up or you will feel it big time! :D

11. belltoller

You're pretty close to getting the Muay Thai camp experience without going to a Thai camp.

Huge difference between this and going to MT class a couple of times a week, innit? :)

12. Unreal Combat

Yes you could say that. :) My Kru trained and fought in Thailand, and likes us to train the same way the Thai's do.

13. Unreal Combat

Some more Thai Pad Training after my weekly Sunday 10km run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHuLToeWm-s"]Thai Pad Training[/ame]

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nice.

Good balance soft knees and nice fluid transitions between hands and feet.

Good stuff.

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Ah Berklerk style:) Yan Sarm Khum,salab fan pla keep up the good work lads:)

16. Unreal Combat

Thanks guys!

17. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Keep up the great work!
    You are really making me miss Thai training! Good Thai training is just not available where I live.

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

These vids make me wish there was a Muay Thai gym near me that I could go to :(

19. Unreal Combat

20. belltoller