Recent article on the 21 foot rule for knife attacks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alansmurf, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Not new information. As an NRA certified Police Firearms Instructor I've known this "20 foot" issue for over 20 years. Heck. They taught us correctional officers the same thing only we didn't have firearms. I remember a bunch of videos from a British gent who dealt with close contact firearms training. Good stuff about clearing the holster, muzzle point-of-aim, weapon position when close to the body.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Crikey it's narcsarge! Afternoon my friend, nice to see you here :)

Mitch

4. Alansmurf

Its a new scientific version....the other clips I have are a little dated now....:woo::ninja1::ninja1:

5. narcsarge

I see. Another little known fact that the video didn't bring up is that most officers that are killed in the line of duty, by a firearm, are killed with the assailant being less then 15 feet away. Most handgun shootings occur within 21 feet and "most shots miss" (Trauma: Contemporary Principles and Therapy chapter 8, pg 115). Only 11% of the assailant's bullets, 25% of police officer's bullets, hit their target. I don't think these stats have changed much over the years. Another argument for training officers with more 'hands on' self defense and situational awareness. :woo: :bow1:

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And another argument that will be ignored by all the depts whilst the piddle away money on other crap and then wonder why UoF reports are causes for complaints and responses are all perceived as OTT

Politics in policing; bane of our existence

7. narcsarge

"You under estimate the sneaky, sneaky" ~~~ butler in Mr. Deeds. I lurk. Figured I'd been away long enough for people to forget me. Bwahahahahaha :love:

8. Alansmurf

Nope some remember thee

9. narcsarge

A Smurf never forgets! :D