Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So as Donald Trump will clearly say anything to gain votes, and he's apparently the leading republican candidate, do you folks in the USA see him being a effective republican leader, and how do you see his potential presidency going?

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Trump for President. The voters have already voted for idiots in the past

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Not THIS idiotic by any measure

4. 47MartialMan

So you are comparing other idiots?

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I have seen the entire list of POTUS's...none of them are as stupid as Trump

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

So far over 300k Brits have voted to ban him from the UK for preaching hatred. I personally hope the Home Office listens, as it would be nice to show Trump that sometimes what we say has consequences.

7. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Some of the officials in Toronto are even pushing to have his name removed from Trump Tower. If he was looking to commit corporate and social suicide this is a great way to go about it.

8. 47MartialMan

Ban him like guns. Maybe terrorists can sneak him in

9. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

My hope is he ends up in a Ross Perot type role with the end result President Hillary. I think he would be the worst possible president. If he is this crazy while running for office, imagine if he actually won.

10. 47MartialMan

Oh no...Hillary in lu of Trump.........

It would be funny Bill as "First Man" :)

11. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Trump signals the end of the Republican party as a whole and the emergence of a radical, right wing group of fascists. They probably won't be able to effectively elect candidates any longer, but my guess is that they turn towards increasingly violent methods of asserting themselves.

12. 47MartialMan

Trump and a Elephant : Trump should be Triumphant

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Unfortunately, a side effect of trump, is to make slightly less extreme right wing politics seem acceptable, -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

''The Overton window, also known as the window of discourse, is the range of ideas the public will accept. It is used by media pundits.[1][2] The term is derived from its originator, Joseph P. Overton (1960–2003),[3] a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy,[4] who in his description of his eponymous window claimed that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within the window, rather than on politicians' individual preferences.[5] According to Overton's description, his window includes a range of policies considered politically acceptable in the current climate of public opinion, which a politician can recommend without being considered too extreme to gain or keep public office.''

A good example of this is how far to the right politics have moved since the post WW2 era.

14. philosoraptor

Ehh, this stuff was going on with a dog whistle before. My guess is that the Repblicans splinter into the racist dirt bags that were there before and the economic oligarchs that can't possibly hope to control them. At least that's my hope.

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

If i was american, i would vote trump. he's got the sweetest verse
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7vTkbnjJcQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7vTkbnjJcQ[/ame]

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

16. 47MartialMan

Trump is going to Make America Great Again

17. philosoraptor

I can't tell if you're joking or not. I've hit peak irony.

18. 47MartialMan

Same as if I am "truly" obtuse or not

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I signed it. I'm not entirely convinced he believes his nonsense and want to believe he's playing the Boris Johnson game of creating an idiotic persona to draw a certain audience.

Either way, Trump and the support for him reveal the worst parts of America. Its quite concerning that anyone in one of the most advanced and supposedly free places in the world would agree with half the crap he spews, yet alone the percentages that apparently do agree with him.

20. philosoraptor

Well… Keep in mind it's only 40% of the Republican party, so maybe 20% overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.