Steven Seagal... why does it seem everyone is so down on the guy?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jan 10, 2014.

1. EdScissorhands

EdScissorhands New Member

I hadn't even seen it. I will humor the question, this time.

His name was Rob Cook:
    http://www.kravmagaleeds.com/?page_id=28

I only went to one class.

I suppose you want to know why I didn't go again?

That leaves me in a dilema.

You see... If I say "I had a reason, but I can't tell you why" I am suspicious I will receive the reply "you're trying to create an aura of mystery, troll... was it teh d34dly techniques?" ... and if I tell you the reason, you will definitely say "Bollocks!" ... and that brings us around in a vicious circle ... On the other hand, if I said nothing you would likely use my refusal to provide more information to discredit me further.

I am suspicious that Hannibal has applied "the Way of the Intercepting Fist" to ALL human interaction - that might be taking things a little overboard.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Was he acting like Joyce in Edward Scissorhands towards you? I would leave it that were the case, only because I'm married though. He looks pretty hot from his super tactical photo on the link you provided. :p

3. EdScissorhands

hahaha, yeah that'll do - good alibi.

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

So why did you stop going?

5. EdScissorhands

:)

Over breakfast, which is also supper today - I've thought of a good appropriate way to answer that - it's an interesting subject, that might actually be worth discussing. Later, I'll reply properly. Right now, I'm starting to fade into unconsciousness.

There's one blockage at the moment, in terms of forming that answer, which is that people would generally reply "it's not that" to one specific aspect of this story, which is a real shame, 'cos it could make for a good discussion.

I might have to wait until the forum doesn't tend to sway towards the "it's not that" sentiment before answering, in that light :(

I'll think about it.

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

:p Nah, I was just pointing out some trivia

7. Ero-Sennin

All I could think about while reading this was your superfluous usage of commas. After re-reading that, I have no idea what you're saying. What is blocked up exactly, do you need to use the restroom? It's like you assume everyone's reply, and reply to the assumption of other people's reply in your post making nobody understanding or even have a clue about what you're saying.

And wow you really like to use commas.

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Its been a good bit since you've had any sleep, if my guess is correct.

Just go ahead and let your body crash. Yes, you'll feel like a corpse that's been brought back to life, but those around you will feel a lot better!

I'll wager your family or significant are quite worried about you, though you probably aren't able to pick up on that right now. After some good sleep, you will.

Whatever you do, don't take any more "energy drink", because if you do, those shadowy little figures that you sus have been rustling around in your hedges are gonna jump right out at you while singing "Follow the Yellow Brick Road and you're not going to be able to handle that!

Hopefully, that's what you're doing now

9. Ero-Sennin

Nah, that doesn't happen. Coming from somebody who used to throw back 3-6 monster energy drinks a day the worst you get is a kind of high feeling and a little disorientation, things also seem "fuzzy." Get too much too fast and your heart pounds and you get sick, you can simulate this easily by mixing 2 scoops of N.O. Explode and 2 scoops of Jack3d together for fun.

Fun with caffeine and sugar. Mm mmmm.

10. belltoller

Ero...its a euphemism. A stand-in. :mad:

Of course, I don't know that its that. Just something I threw out there for the sake of advisement being out there should it be warranted.

11. belltoller

Sounds like it could be the modern, health-conscious, gym friendly version of a speedball <--- no, don't ask, please :eek:

Anyroads, I'm due for some shut-eye myself.

12. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

He made a comment recently about leaving the U.S. for Russia. I say buh bye. Oh, and he dropped Kelly years ago and is married to some Russian girl now. I think that's why he is considering a move to Russia. It's not as if he's in demand as an actor. Especially since he sucks at every movie he had made.

13. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

By the way, did any of you catch his short-lived reality series where he showed what he does most of the time in Arizona? Play a cop, for those of you that don't know. I'd love to see him chase down a bad guy. he he

14. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Waddle down a bad guy you mean?

15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I didn't mind his cop show too much. I only caught the first two seasons when it was set in Louisiana.

I watched a film of his yesterday, actually. Maximum something something. Pretty forgettable really. Seeing his *ahem* rather large frame trying to "run" (waddle) around in tactical body armour just kept making me think of this:

[​IMG]

16. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I think the last season was set in AZ where he is for the moment until he leaves the country. Maybe he'll be come a major star in Russia? lol. NOT.

17. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Russians do have a weird love/hate relationship with the US, so he'll probably be a bigger star there than in the US (for a month or two). And he'll still keep his fan base in other countries.

Didn't think I'd find a picture of Steve surrounded by money - but whaddya know!!! Gotta love the internet.

[​IMG]

18. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Ok, I got one for you all. Who's fatter? Jeff Speakman or Steven Seagal?

19. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

on shere mass it has to be seagal.
    I was watching a video about van damme and apparantly he had a $10,000 a week coke habit and was an alcoholic, and he still looks good. Now if segal had have done that instead of raiding the cooky jar he would still be worth watching

20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i think it's better that seagal stuck to the cookie jar instead of coke. that's just me.