Google account leaks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Saz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

5 million Google passwords have been leaked. You can check yours here.

https://isleaked.com/en.php

Current indications suggest that this is an old collection of passwords gathered by phishing and the like instead of hacking. Still, if yours is on it, you should change your password and enable two factor authentication.

Never use one of these sites that asks you to provide your password either.

2. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I thought isleaked was a russian phishing site.

I stand corrected. It is not a phising site. I was mis informed by a coworker. Still just change your password

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  3. raaeoh

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Well isleaked has said mine was found but it got the first two characters of my password wrong.

If fact at no point have I ever used those two characters together so I don't know what's going on.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. raaeoh

Hmm perhaps my fellow coworker has been misinforemd also and perhaps has given me bad ino as well.

I trype isleaked.com into my web browser. It does indeed take me to.a russian page. This does not mean that it is a phising site. It does make my spider senses go off. The page translayes to english to.match the link posted above.

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Hmm well it's listed everywhere as a place to check and I'll admit I only used it due that coupled with the fact that Saz posted it.

7. raaeoh

O.k I have checked multiple sources. It isa legit site. I still am a bit skeptical based on your recent experince Dean. Like with all things Use your best judgement. I changed most of my passwords today. What a task that was.

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

These "check if you've been breached" sites are reasonably common, and done properly, not shady. Any one asking you to enter your password would be a huge warning sign. When I was learning to code a phishing site was one of the first things I made (never used, I should add) so its remarkably easy to do.

A password I found in there was also several years old, but given people move house more often that they change their password, that doesn't mean its bad data.