She's Freeeee!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Indie12, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

FINALLY!! The Italian Courts have done it! They've overturned Amanda Knox's conviction!!! She's FINALLY FREE, thank the higher spirits!! :google:

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Guess we'll just have to wait for 'hit by a bus' justice.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Can you explain your reasons for thinking she is innocent?

Mitch

4. holyheadjch

What innocent person wouldn't claim to have witnessed a completely innocent man commit a murder?

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

One with mental health problems being interrogated by detectives? Just as one example...

I wasn't there, so I don't pretend to know what happened, but legally she is innocent.

Why do you want her to get run over by a bus?

6. holyheadjch

So was OJ.

I don't buy it. An innocent person wouldn't claim to have been in the room when they weren't.
    Because based on my reading of the case, I believe she's guilty. I'm not sure there is enough conclusive evidence to gain a conviction, but I'm not a juror, so I can make a decision based on balance of probabilities. Ultimately, I wouldn't shed a tear if she came to grief. Unfortunately the universe doesn't tend to work that way.

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

8. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Legally she is innocent! But my reasoning (and just my personal observation and opinion) is lack of evidence supporting the claim. No DNA, no forensics, no chain of custody in the supposed 'evidence' so who knows who all came into contact with it.

9. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Why do you think she's guilty?

And innocent people do stumble upon crime scenes all the time, doesn't mean they committed the crime.

10. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Why are you so excited about it?

11. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It might have something to do with the inner mysteries of Taejukabo.

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Let's keep this on topic please.

13. ned

ned Valued Member

Rest.in peace Meredith Kercher.

An overturned conviction is convenient for
    US and Italian authorities and an extradition would have been unlikely and a diplomatic
    headache for both.
    Many will find your tone crass and insensitive.

14. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Based on what I've read, like holyheadch, I do believe she got handed the OJ card and walked away from something she did.

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

US media has never let the facts get in the way so it is of little suprise that public opinion sees this as some moral victory

Objective examination of the information known tells me that this decsison is unpalatable