What do you about a fake instructor

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by T Mr., Nov 25, 2014.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I think there's a danger of the police not really paying attention.

For that reason, you should deliver the accusation in song, to ensure that it captures their full attention.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

what i don't get, is why does the op think the instructor is fake? we have nothing to go on here. except some guy that has six posts that can't give us any information about anything.

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Johnno, I salute you. That was comedy gold, sir. :)

4. T Mr.

T Mr. New Member

I am not going to give any names or locations, b/c the administrator of the site took down a previous post about this and told me not to do it again. A friend contacted me because she had a relative who was interested in joining his school and wanted to get my opinion on him. The fake instructor in question was exposed as a fraud on another MA forum and was suspended by a respected MA organization. Then I contacted his previous instructors, two of the three called him a liar and basically disowned him. The other one gave me the third degree. He is on his third fake school. A few months ago my friend told me that he closed his school but I found out he has opened his school again. I live about three and half hours away from the fake instructor so checking out his class and questioning him directly is not an option. He “claims” to be disabled but I honestly don’t know if he is or not. If anyone wants to help me out with this or want more details then just message me. Thanks

5. Giovanni

what makes this person fake? is he/she claiming a higher degree than earned? is he/she claiming lineage in something of which he/she has no lineage?

again, there's information you can give us which you have not. you don't have to give names or addresses...heck you don't even have to give a style. but you started the thread, how about some information.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Well, what kind of help are you hoping for? Ol' school gym invasion?

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Let's do it. But only if we turn up in this:

[​IMG]

8. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

How do you have a fake school? You either have a school or you don't.

How does some one who's dissabled teach martial arts anyways?

The so called proof you listed could be political or a personal grudge. It doesn't really prove anything.

I don't know of any laws that say you need to be certified to teach martial arts. You could take 3 weeks worth of lessons from someone and then turn around and teach what you know if you can find students who want to learn from you. Sounds like you just need to let his students decide that for themselves and you should just move on.

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I'm in, as long as it's not a plane!

10. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I thought that was the manner in which we rolled.

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Why not, we already have our very own Hannibal to lead the charge.

12. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I just read a 114 page long thread about a guy named Matt Morton, he is amazeingly weird, Im shocked. Go to Bullshido and search Matt Morton, thats all Im gonna say.

13. T Mr.

T Mr. New Member

He is claiming rank that he did not earn, specifically an 8th degree black belt in multiple martial arts and lesser rank in other martial arts. He was previously exposed by others, suspended by a respected MA organization and I contacted some of his previous instructors. The two of the instructors told me that he did not receive any black belt from them and that he is no longer welcomed at their schools now because of his actions. The other instructor didn't want to talk with me. I contacted a few, 3-4, of the parents at his class on facebook but the message would just go to the "other fold" and they probably wouldn't look at it. The fake instructor keeps setting up schools and deceiving people.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I love it when a plan come together....

15. Giovanni

and, is this teacher claiming hapkido rank that he did not earn?

while i think doing is abhorrent, it's not like there are not tons of "martial arts" instructors in the usa that get "promoted" via dubious means.

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

What are you actually trying to achieve? If you're trying to dissuade a friend from going to this school, you don't need MAP for that. Just give them your opinion. If you're trying to warn the world generally, you've just generated more interest in this guy than he'd EVER have been able to generate for himself.