Name of a certain kick?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jistman, Nov 25, 2014.

1. jistman

jistman New Member

Hello, I am very new to martial arts and I am wondering what a certain kick is called.

The kick itself goes like this:
    It starts off as a roundhouse kick, then you kind of spin around and do a fake kick for momentum, then you finish with a sort of roundhouse kick in the air.

Would really like to know what this "move" is called. Sorry for being vague, I really am terrible at describing. Also I think it might have had the word "crescent" or "dragon" in it, but when I tried googling it I found nothing so maybe not.

Would really appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance.

2. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Tornado kick or 360.

Mitch

4. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

Above answers seem to pretty much cover it however I have added a vid cos I like it ha!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIrWFaDWjw8"]Taekwondo Tornado Round Kick Tutorial (Kwonkicker) - YouTube[/ame]

5. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

If it is the Kick shown in Heraclius' Youtube link, I too have frequently heard this referred to as a Tornado Kick, my many Martial Artists that I both trust and respect, but back in my ITF days (89'-91') it was always known (in the circles I trained in at least) as a Windmill Kick...

...I have been in many debates about the names, and even the existence of certain kicks, neither of which means a damn if you are on the receiving end of one of them!

Kind Regards

Travess

6. jistman

jistman New Member

Thanks guys! Really fast replies, this was the exact one I was thinking about. Much appreciated.

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It's a Tornado kick. Can be thrown with a feint kick before the actual technique is thrown so to give the impression of a double feint. Popular in Taekwondo and Kickboxing.

8. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Some say it is a nanabong.