What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Rather then having loads of threads I thought maybe we can have one where people can come and talk about the movies they have recently watched..........

Ok guys this is a thread to talk about/post what movie you watched last and you can rate it aswell, saying what you thought of it:

Ok I will go first :)
    I have seen a few movies over the last few days :

Bone and Blood-2/10 some nice kicks and thats about it really.

Public Enemies-8/10 a excellent gangster movie.

District 9-a pretty good movie about aliens.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Last movie I watched was Monsters vs Aliens, pretty good but your standard CGI kids movie though I did laugh out loud at a few bits. Before that was District 9, which was fantastic. I watched Mulholland Drive again recently for about the 5th time and I think I might even unsderstand it now.

Next up are Up and Away We Go, probably followed by 500 Days of Summer if my GF gets her way.

3. miriamgoldman

miriamgoldman Valued Member

Well, the last movie I watched was in theatres, and that was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in 3D with my brother. It was cute, we both enjoyed the 3D aspect of the animation. I would highly recommend seeing a movie in 3D, it's cool...and the glasses for them have come a LONG way.

I would rate the movie at 8.5/10. Bit too cheesy for my liking, but again, it was a kids movie.

4. Topher

Topher allo!

Gamer. Great actions shots. Not much else to it really.

Shoot Em Up. File this one under so bad it's kinda good! I can just imagine the writers saying "I like that idea, but can we make it a bit more dumb?!"

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Shoot Em Up was great, it's like the writers had an epiphany that no-one going to see it was really watching for a plot anyway, so why bother any more than necessary?

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Worlds Greatest Dad (2009)
    Starring Robin Williams and DIrected by Bobcat Goldwaith (aka the funny talking dude from Police Academy)

One of the best dark comedies I have seen in a while.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/

7. Coges

Coges Valued Member

Fighting - Not so much fighting actually (4/10). Almost felt like it was attempting to be a poor man's modern Rocky.

Blood and Bone - Agree with the OP. Some nice kicks. Decent fight with Kimbo at the start. That's about it.

Crank 2 - Best movie I have seen in ages. No real story line. Heaps of gratuitous violence, nudity and swearing. Just the way I like it. Also includes one of the best yubitsume style rituals.

8. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Incident at Blood Pass-Great samurai movie with the Great Toshiro Mifune,on tape.

The Baader Meinhoff Complex in theaters.It was a great story about the RAF in the late '60s and early '70s.I never knew just how violent things were in West Germany in those days.

9. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I've recently watched 'Sex is Zero' a Korean comedy in the vein of 'American Pie', there were some really funny and disturbing bits in it, but overall it was very much meh!

I then watched 'Stranger Than Fiction', where Will Ferrell's character starts hearing a voice narrating his life. This was actually quite good and interesting, sort of like 'The Truman Show'...

Also 'Step Brothers', again starring Will Ferrell and very, very funny. :D

10. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Watched Street Fighter-the legend of Chun-li the other night, nothing special as a movie really just good timepass if your looking to kill time. I reckon they will make a second part as towards the end they started talking about Ryu.

I also managed to watch Wolverine -7/10

11. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Crank 2 was good but I think I still prefer the first part.

12. pin316

pin316 Valued Member

I'd go the other way round, Crank 2 was basically Crank 1 but they made everything as) bigger, b) louder, c) more insane...and for a big loud insane movie that's gotta be the perfect recipe! (i did see it at the cinema tho, which made everything 50 times as good anyway)

Seen the following recently...

State of Play 6/10
    Not that bad, few nice twists and pretty well acted. However, I really really just can't buy Russell Crowe as a reporter - probably because he'd most likely be punching himself in the face a lot in reality.

Angels and Demons 8/10
    I actually quite enjoyed this. It seemed lik they'd decided to put the abominable piece of nasty-stuff that was was the Da Vince Code film adaptation far off to one side, and actually made a decent film. It's pretty dark, and they used the locations really well - it actually felt like it was deep-set in Vatican City, rather than superficially draped over the top.

Bruno 8/10
    Controversial, but i loved this. The intro was a bit random and didn't quite work (why i only gave it an 8), but from the point at which he gatecrashes the de la Prada fashion show this film is pure genius. A fifty-fifty split of a) being ridiculously funny and b) highlighting people's stupidity, ignorance or just plain wrong behaviour. There are some amazing parts of this film (Israel/Palestine peace process, American Pageant-kid parents are two of my favorites).
    I love this mini-paragraph on wikipedia:
    Everybody go see Bruno!:woo:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  13. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Punisher-war zone- It was okay ex-special forces trainer I believe his family get killed in a mob shoot out then he decided to take out all the criminals in town, pure violence and takes no prisioners. I'll give it 7/10

14. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Ip Man- Thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed it!
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop- Pretty funny, also quite enjoyable.

15. Burro

Burro Looking for Write answers

Saving Private Ryan - I have to do a film analysis on it. Not too bad, not the best WW2 film out there but decent. Has alot of sentimentality in it though

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Hurt Locker. Intense good movie.

17. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Charlie and Boots - good Ausie movie with two star comedians. Good showcase of Australia's outback and small towns. Fantastic scenery. Very Funny.

18. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Yes Man- starring Jim Carry and it sure is another hillarious movie I'll give it 8/10.

19. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

old boy - and what a messed up story line that is but to be honest i like the sinister feel to it good movie 8/10 i just hope speilberg doesn't make it with will smith in hollywood, coz i cant see that turning out well!!!

20. tokman20

tokman20 Valued Member

Hot Rod. So many lame little scenes (the fireworks, the high five, random asian guy, cool beans) that were so damn funny! Dance scene is excellent as well :D