Tate vs. McMann in the works, who you got?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I would pick McMann in this scuffle too - hope it comes off because a fresh rivalry would be great to see

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

McMann needs a big win to earn another shot. This could be it.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

WAR CYBORG!

5. Combat Sports

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Big fan of Sara McMann. Hope she finishes the job Cat was interrupted from finishing. Tate ragged the ref to no end and always complains of early stoppage.

This time the ref needs to let the tape run till they see the whites of Tate's eyes.

Then Sara takes a bow as if a ballet star.

[​IMG]

8. Combat Sports

I am just glad they are putting some good fights together. Women's bantamweight has needed more going on for a while.

9. belltoller

I didn't realise, Holm's arm was broken in her last fight last April... Depending how it occurred, I'd think it to have some significant bearing on how things might go for Holm.

Was she caught in an arm-bar?

10. Combat Sports

No. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/holly-holm-suffers-broken-arm-in-legacy-fc-30-main-event

Creepy thing, that X-Ray looks almost exactly like the one my daughter had when her arm was broken years ago.

11. belltoller

How did your girl break it?

Did anyone ever say how she (Holm) came by the injury?? The very few articles I've managed to find on the topic at all ( yours being one of them ) don't mention how the injury occurred.

I don't want to assume it due directly to something Werner did as fighters can have a knack for self-injury (remember J.Jones' toe?, etc.,.) at the oddest of times.

12. Combat Sports

She was in one of those indoor playgrounds they have at some restaurants, she got to the bottom of the slide and stood up and another child came down right after her which lead to her being accidentally pushed off, she fell and broke her arm then. Something about the way she landed.

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

It's a "nightstick " type injury, so most likely it's from blocking a kick.

14. belltoller

One of my kid's classmates had a similar injury. Turned out a bleedin' compound fracture :eek: You'd thought she'd o past out from such but she walked about the school yard showing it to her friends before the teachers caught up to her.

15. Combat Sports

16. belltoller

17. Combat Sports

I would still rather see McMann vs. Tate. I just find it a little odd that Tate was all about fighting McMann on Twitter but is now trying to hype something else.

18. belltoller

Fighting Bethe Correia instead of McMann? No, I don't see that. I think Meisha is thinking over the possible outcomes of her encounter with Sara and is doing some future planning for when the dust settles after her tumble down.

Correia is ranked at 8 on the UFC list, correct? According to Tate, she ( 2nd on the UFC list ) wants Correia (ranked 8th) to get her closer to another go at Rousey ? Nahh, I don't see Meisha darkening Ronda's doorstep again.

Tate has apparently seen the crystal ball with respects to McMann. Calling out Correia is just...job security.

It's always better to look busy during a company re-org.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  19. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Don't over think it. It's her job to stay in the news. She'd hype a potential fight against a tellytubby if it meant media coverage. She has bills to pay just like everyone else.

20. belltoller

Generally speaking, they aren't going to trifle with someone whom they think significantly beneath their competitive level; which could possibly suggest that either Meisha thinks Correia will be moving up rather quickly or herself to be moving down.

Then again, the women's division being as shallow as it is - maybe a gig with a tellytubby is fair game.