Martial Arts Planet  

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet > General Topics > Latest News > MAP Awards 2009
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Closed Thread

Old 03-Dec-2009, 09:00 PM
Valued Member

Mt first choice when I saw this catagory was Fq.

An individual with lots of good things to contribute, but who would go out of his way to irritate individuals/groups,be rude,hurl false accusations,and act superior. (Always made me recall Dick Cavett to Norman Mailer-" Would you like two chairs for your giant intellect? " )

Too bad.

To me, this is the worst type of troll.Moronic garden variety trolls don't hold a candle.
Old 03-Dec-2009, 09:25 PM
allo!

What did Fire-quan do to get banned?
Old 03-Dec-2009, 09:28 PM
In the Spirit of Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
What did Fire-quan do to get banned?
Per the "Banned user list:"

Abusive PMs to several site moderators
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbgoju
eat salty bananas.
Old 03-Dec-2009, 09:33 PM
allo!

Saw that although I wonder what preceded that? Or did he just go AWOL...
Old 03-Dec-2009, 09:46 PM
In the Spirit of Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Saw that although I wonder what preceded that? Or did he just go AWOL...
Some thread.

Anyways, I don't think FQ was a troll. He was just a dude in the traditional circle, with radical opinions that oppose most of the thinking in the traditional arts. He pissed a lot of people off . . . really . . . . REALLY . . . bad. Not because he came here with the intention of stirring people up, but because he feels strongly about something, and wants to convince other people that his opinion is correct. He was strong willed, and used strong language, and called people on their crap. I honestly learned alot from his stuff. Not just about Martial Arts, but about language, truth, manipulation and wu de.

Yes, the guy adopted a persona that he used to direct discussions in a way that was appropriate to him. He wrote with a certain style to shake things up a little bit. If that makes him a troll, then ya'll should nominate me too, because I do the same thing. I'm just more diplomatic about it.
Quote:
eat salty bananas.
Old 03-Dec-2009, 10:56 PM
Valued Member

Sorry Yohan, but you're no diplomat.

While FQ did indeed impart some useful information, and was even genuinely helpful on rare occasions, he worked hard to be antagonistic, and was generally guilty of everything he ever accused anyone else of doing in terms of logical fallacies and manipulation.

Don't know what he said to the mods to finally get banned, but it should have happened much sooner.

Old 03-Dec-2009, 11:22 PM
In the Spirit of Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by old palden View Post
Sorry Yohan, but you're no diplomat.
I did not claim to be wholly diplomatic, just more diplomatic than FQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old palden View Post
While FQ did indeed impart some useful information, and was even genuinely helpful on rare occasions, he worked hard to be antagonistic, and was generally guilty of everything he ever accused anyone else of doing in terms of logical fallacies and manipulation.

Don't know what he said to the mods to finally get banned, but it should have happened much sooner.
*MOD HAT OFF*

Even though he was guilty of all the things you say, if you go back and look at those old threads, there was typically one or more people in there winding it up. I even did it for a while. There was a thread with a video of some dudes kicking bricks with their toes, and I totally got after him for all that stuff he says. I totally disagreed with him, but he made some excellent points, all well worth considering.

Which I did, and now, I pretty much agree with him.

So he made logical fallacies or antagonized people. I did it. I do it. You do it. Almost everyone does. It doesn't mean that person can't teach you something. Even if they are a turd.

And here I am, being a turd, derailing the troll nominations thread.

*gets his coat*
Quote:
eat salty bananas.
Old 03-Dec-2009, 11:57 PM
Valued Member

It's true you're much more diplomatic than FQ....
But then, so was Yasir Arafat.

Old 04-Dec-2009, 12:16 AM
Just one more thing...

Firequan made good points but he also came across as being almost incapable of admitting that anything he said was not completely correct. It's trolling 101 to think that you are creating arguments not because you're trolling but because you know that you're just smarter than everyone else and you want to demonstrate how you can control everyone's behaviour. Firequan claimed to be doing that quite often just before he got banned.

Anyway, I liked Firequan and I generally agreed with his positions but I can certainly see where people are coming from when they nominate him for trolling. He did have that streak in him and when combined with a giant ego it's not surprising he got so many people's backs up.

Last edited by CKava; 04-Dec-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Closed Thread