Martial Arts Planet

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet » Articles and Reviews » Mixed Martial Arts Articles
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 14-Apr-2011, 01:22 AM
Valued Member

IRRELEVANT POST: alot of people fail to realize that mma is not kickboxing and bjj.
mma is not a widely known form of martial arts yet your own combination of any form or any different forms of martial arts. you dont have to play by any ones rules (besides the common no eye gouging or nut kicks and stuff like that) but your own. you can take any strike from any MA you know and use it in your fight or use that strike combo'd with other strikes from other MA's. same with ground moves. alot of people fail to realize this and think that someone who isnt preforming "proper" ji jitsu is a bad fighter when in reality there form of the moves there using may work very effectively on there opponent. thats just my 2 cents on that matter.
Old 06-May-2011, 02:42 AM
Hold strong not

i HATE THE STANDARD THAT EVERYONE USES MUAY THAI AND BJJ
its makes fights so predictable.
Old 25-May-2011, 08:51 PM
Valued Member

Hey nitro, I am sorry I was away for so long. I have been researching and evolving my Internal Boxing. I have some new insights to the evolving and cultivating ones Internal Boxing. I will be posting a new thread this week on this subject.... Hope to hear from ya.... G
Author of The Art of Western Tai Chi Ch'uan
Old 13-Aug-2011, 06:01 AM
Valued Member

Legends Fighting Chmpionships: MMA in China

Well, the argument that the West has equal or superior fighting techniques and training with comparison to the Easthas been settled with the Asian Promoted MMA Competition called "Legends Fighting Championships". Chinese "Traditionally Trained" Sanda Professionals seem to forget their roots or have turned them in for Western Pugilistic strategies and tactics. This is dissappointing as every traditionally trained Asian Warrior looked more like Pankrationists than Kung Fu eastern Kung Fu Adepts.

Traditionalists in the West better hope this does not evolve Sanda or the traditional martial disciplines that feed into that fight rule system.... Effectiveness is the issue as traditionally trained Western MMA TOPLEVEL Professionals have been filmed displaying more refined and cultivated offenses and defenses then what I saw in three hours of competition... Very Eye opening stuff ....Seems Eastern and Western Traditionalists have some catchup with regard to applying form to function in competitive competition. It is obvious that the Asian Competitors have relooked their own traditional roots and thought that perhaps a justified integration was appropriate.
Author of The Art of Western Tai Chi Ch'uan

Last edited by ANGELSGYMSINGH; 13-Aug-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-Aug-2012, 06:50 AM
Registered Mapper

Thank you

Thank you for this wonderful information
Old 21-Apr-2016, 04:57 AM
Registered Mapper

I'm replying to a thread that is a few years old and its interesting seeing some of the reply here. In my opinion, with the MMA boom, striking is evolving. A bigger emphasis is placed on movement and "flow" i find today.
Old 30-Jun-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered Mapper

I think an MMA needs everything defensive technique besides offensive. Good physic and strength.