What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I heard that if the first season does well, then we may get a season 2, also set to run for 4 years...

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Watched first 3 episodes of Taboo back to back last night. Really liking it a lot, love the character Tom Hardy is playing. Fortitude is back this week as is Homeland!

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Fancy a laugh?
    Try Broad City, Comedy Central. Got throught the first season and it was very funny at times. Charts the trials and tribulations of two young women in NYC. Kinda stumbled on it as I was looking for something funny and gave it a shot, glad I did, these girls are bonkers!:D

4. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

I only watched 6-7 episodes but it seemed pretty good. Great dialogue, nice depiction of the era and I like the fact that the main character is the typical cool, rich lady-killer, but at the same time he looks fragile and unhappy.

I watched them last night as well.

Honestly, it wasn't as good as it looked in the trailer.

Many times you see an awesome trailer and then you watch the movie and it turns out to be bad.

Taboo definitely isn't bad, but it's not great either. Tom Hardy was very fun to watch!
    He's been playing versions of the same character for years now but I don't get bored of him and this particular version is maybe the best so far after Bronson.

5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Man in the High Castle. Pretty good.

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Binged out on Fortitude, rather good it was too.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Super Bowl pre-show, of course! :jester: :happy: :banana:

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

On your recommendations I watched the first episode of Taboo, it was certainly good..
    I just finished the first season of Scream, I enjoyed it but it suffers from not being scary enough, and also a bit predictable.

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Season two is scarier.

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I watched the first episode of Legion on FX. It's either brilliant, quite mad, or a combination of both. I 'm along for the ride either way....

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

oh cool, I recorded it. sounds great! :D

in other news myself and the wife are well and truly hooked into The Borgias. It feels like GOT without the fantasy. All political intrigue, scheming, manouvering and lots of humping. You also get to meet Machiavelli, bonus..

12. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I peeped myself 'Santa Clarita Diet', a sort of horror/comedy, which stars Drew Barrymore who becomes a zombie/undead/human flesh eater. It is highly watchable and although it has gore, it's nothing you're not already used to if you're a fan of, say, 'The Walking Dead'.

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I caught a few scenes of Legion and it's not for me.. It's silly and maybe a bit wierd but I get creeped out very easily. So I steer clear of certain genres, I was flicking around & saw some wierd images from legion that creeped me out straight away and there's no way I can put myself through too much of that.

Broadchurch has started, tick.
    Going to watch The replacement I think, BBC1, a 3 parter which is meant to be decent.
    Doing 24 Legacy also. Not bad start, wasn't sure after the first one but it's watchable. Not so great as the previous incarnation production wise though and cast not as strong perhaps.

14. aikiMac

You're not unique. There are some types of movies/shows that are an instant "No" for me, too.

Actually, when I read the premise of "Legion" I thought it sounded creepy, so I haven't even tried it.

15. KSP08

KSP08 New Member

Just starts Downton Abby. Ridiculously addictive.

16. aikiMac

Restarted "My Name is Earl." :p I watched a lot of it several years ago, but not always in sequential order, so I missed some things. This time I'm watching the episodes in sequential order. Joy Turner -- she is just as hilarious as I remember! :happy:

But but but -- oh, yeah, I am so ready to binge-watch Iron Fist in two days! Woo-ooo! :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OKL5no-S0
    I love how all the Marvel tv shows are connected into a common universe. Not only is the hottie nurse a character here, but so is the Chinese lady who runs the drug trade in Daredevil (1:27). I geek out at the coolness of interconnected shows! :happy:

17. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

As in the series launches in 2 days? Or that you plan to get thru them all on less then 48 hrs? If it is the latter (or even both) colour me impressed - It took me about a working week for each of the previous Netflix/Marvel collaborations...

Travess

18. aikiMac

LOL, Netflix will offer the entire season on March 17, in two days. Assuming it's a 13-episode season, I will need at least 4 days to watch them all. :D That's how quickly I got through Daredevil, but I took twice that long with Luke Cage.

19. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

It certainly FELT twice as long for me with LC too, but only because I'd binge watch 3 episodes an evening with my Wife, watch another 2 after she'd gone to bed, then end up having to watch them her all over again the next night.

Travess

20. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

The Expanse.

Interesting story, believable universe building, high production values and good characters.

Looking forward to watching Season 2.

10/10.