Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

If in doubt listen to the person who can kick you out of the bedroom. :D

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

That's what I tried to tell both of them but neither were impressed. Women. Never listen, I tells ya. :p

Haha! :D

3. LemonSloth

30/07/14:

Sloth with me if you want to live! - Terminator 2: Judgement Sloth.

Kigu Undo:
    OHP w/ 45kg barbell @ 4 x 10
    w/ 50kg barbell @ 1 x 6
    Back squats w/ 45kg barbell @ 4 x 10
    w/ 50kg barbell @ 1 x 6
    Pendlay rows w/ 45kg barbell @ 4 x 10
    w/ 50kg barbell @ 1 x 6
    CoC #1 @ 1 x 5

Light planking, ab wheels and press ups to finish.

Kickboxing stuff:
    Shadow sparring @ 5 x 2 minutes, 1 minute rest.
    Bob & Weave @ 5 x 2 minutes, 1 minute rest.

2 minutes sparring, 1 minute rest, 2 minutes bob & weave, 1 minute rest, rinse and repeat.

In terms of cardio I definitely could have done more. But my shoulder and one of my ankles clapped out.

Gentle stretches.

4. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

... how exactly does one sloth? :wow:

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

patiently.

6. LemonSloth

Which is precisely why sloths make the best lovers.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

:eek: :D Now I'm of a mind to hunt down a female sloth. ;):evil:

8. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

I'm not sure how this fits with the TOS, but I'm gonna leave it here anyway; I can't possibly pass up the chance. Possibly NSFW.

9. LemonSloth

Yeah, those two toed sloths are skanky. Not like us three toed sloths. We're fabulous.

[​IMG]

10. LemonSloth

31/07/14:

Frankly me dear, I don't give a sloth! - Gone with the Sloths.

Actual rest day. Was suffering with all sorts of cramp and pain and fatigue so I ate and slept. Kids have been finding it funny to try and make me cope on -5 hours sleep a night for the past week.

When they're teenagers going out, getting drunk and trying to sleep through a hang over, me and the vacuum will get our revenge. :D

=====

01/08/14:

"My mama always said life was like a box of sloths. You never know what you're gonna get". - Forrest Sloth.

Hojo Undo:
    Swimming, 1k. Almost all breath stroke, some front crawl to finish.

Planned on doing more but messed up my timing with going out and what-not so this is all I could really do. Going to do my house wifey chores then spend 10 - 15 just drilling techniques 'cos I can.

Good news! My belt and new knee straps have arrived, which means I can do more Anderson squats! If you listen, you can almost hear the gym calling...

Bad news! My trap bar should have been here today, but it was not. :mad: The 20kg plates turned up though. I NEED MAH HOME SHRUGS!! :cry:

11. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Oh God, no! Don't put ideas in his head.

12. Fish Of Doom

[​IMG]

13. matveimediaarts

Sorry I overlooked this post, good Sloth. Here's the Iaito I use: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IZ6180/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Ace Martial Arts Unsharpened Carbon Steel Iaito Practice Sword Katana : Martial Arts Swords : Sports & Outdoors[/ame]
    For the price, it has excellent quality. My sensei likes it too. :hat: If you get the hang of this, transition to katana for tameshagiri will be a breeze for you. :) Getting that lovely *whoosh* sound is harder than with a bokken, of course, but it's more realistic and feels like the katanas I've used.

ETA: remember to be careful doing your noto with this. The end point of the ha (the tip of the edge) is quite sharp. I once stabbed myself, and it was ugly...took about a month to heal. :/

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  14. matveimediaarts

hmmm...sorry to hear...IDK of any object that can replace a bar for shrugs. :/ Is your breath stroke similar to the breast stroke?

ETA: I've found that aches/pains like those you mention are helped greatly by arnica gel. :) Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  15. LemonSloth

MuahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Well on the plus side, I'd probably be upping my protein count.

Yup, every time I see this, I can't help but think that sloth is up to something he really, really shouldn't be.

It still cracks me up.

@ Matvei - thanks for the link, I shall have to see how my budget works out later this year before I buy it. Also, can't seem to find Arnica gel anywhere in the local chemists and the like in the UK. To be fair though, if I got more sleep I'm sure I'd be fine.

16. LemonSloth

02/08/14:

"Nobody puts Sloth in a corner!" - Dirty Sloth.

Kigu Undo:

Tyre Flipping:
    20 minutes continuous.

Hardest...flipping session...ever. It'd been raining for a few days so all the tyres had gathered a fair bit of water, which made them damn heavy. Then because the usual spot I flip it (nice bit of grass by my house) was taken I had to flip it in the road beside our house. Which meant not only was there almost no room to get my fingers under, when I did I was scraping the skin off 'cos of all the little stones and the gravel. Which meant there was a lot of finger tip flipping.

:eek:

Weighted Walk:
    2 miles, +20kg.

Barbell OHP:
    w/ 45kg @ 4 x 10
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 6

That's it. Nice and light as I didn't feel up to much.

=====

03/08/14:

"Sloth!"
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - The Princess Sloth

Gym time:

Lawd, I hate days where I go in feeling weak.

Weighted walk:
    To and from the gym, 30 minutes, +20kg.

Anderson Sumo Squats:
    w/ 60kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 80kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 100kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 120kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 140kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 160kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 180kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 200kg @ miss.
    w/ 160kg @ 2 x 5

6th pin down. Just missed out on the 200kg which was frustrating. Very much felt like more of a mental block than being physically weak. Sumo squats were fun though.

Regular back squats:
    w/ 60kg @ 3 x 10

Cool down set. Lol, I forgot it would feel lighter than usual after the Anderson squats, came up so fast the bar jumped off my back. Funny...'till it came back down. :p

Lat pulldowns:
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 59kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 73kg @ 3 x 8

Eh, 'cos I can.

Ab wheel:
    5 x 5
    Changed the reps so I roll out almost as normal, then extend/retract my arms like I'm doing a pull up. It killed my arms so badly I couldn't OHP properly, which was kinda cool.

OHP:
    w/ bar @ 1 x 10
    w/ 30kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 35kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 5

Was using the ab wheel in between reps and such and it killed my arms so badly that 50kg was a real grind :(.

Ran out of time, headed home.

Biggest highlight was the other gym junkie who watched me doing the squats going "So how often do you come here?". Then his face when I told him I usually come in maybe once a week and some weeks don't come in at all. Then he found out I only take protein shakes maybe once every two - three days on average. Then telling him I was actually having a weak day. I think he thought I was trolling him :D.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  17. LemonSloth

04/08/14:

If you like it then you should have put a Sloth on it... - Single Sloths (Put a Sloth on it), Beyonce

Kickboxing stuff:
    24 minutes continuous techniques, alternating between left & right stance every minute and arms/legs every two minutes.

Since I have gym DOMS I wanted to take the intensity off a bit, so this was cool. What was nicer was realising just how much volume you can go through in a minute as well as the fact my cardio has noticeably improved. I was sweating after 24 minutes (I am a sweaty bloke though) but otherwise felt reasonably fresh.

Was going to leave it at that, then suddenly:

THE TRAP BAR ARRIVED TODAY!!! :D :happy:

Kigu Undo:

Deadlift:
    w/ 95kg @ 5 x 10

Shrugs:
    w/ 95kg @ 5 x 10

Didn't do too much 'cos of the DOMS, but I really wanted to give it a try. The trap bar makes it so much easier to hold a much greater weight than the barbell would and the deadlifts felt a lot more comfortable even in my current state. I'm really looking forward to getting some heavier plates and really going for it with the deadlifts and burden runs.

Also, DERP moment. The 20kg plates I bought? I wasn't paying attention, ended up getting plates for an EZ curl bar rather than a standard barbell, which means it's not big enough for my usual barbell or my trap bar :cry:. Wifey has given me permission to get more plates at least. I have an EZ curl bar already so I can always curl if I want to.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  18. Fish Of Doom

ez curl bars have other uses too. rippetoe likes them for lying triceps extensions and has a long-ass video on it

19. matveimediaarts

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet those would be good for kobudo and general weapon-oriented training. I know barbells are good for certain.

20. LemonSloth

I had completely forgotten about that. I'm getting really derp-y lately. Thanks for the reminder :).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014