Nice belt!, can anyone translate ?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Xanth, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I've always been a fan of kataaro belts, but I think this one's a bit odd...

Can anyone translate the korean? I tried google translate, but the words did not make much sense. Kataaro said it was a MMA gym, I was curious why they had WKSA on there...

[​IMG]

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

It doesn't make much sense to me. In what would be the 'name' area (by the stripes) it says 'Noi Seong', which isn't a typical Korean name.

The text above the WKSA, 'Hun (or Hon or maybe old school 'Han' - I can't see very clearly) Hap Duin Moo Sool' doesn't make a lot of sense either, aside from 'Moo Sool' - Martial Arts and 'Hap' - united. It could be something like unified traditional martial arts of necessity. My guess it that someone took the school name and plugged the words in to get Korean syllables for each word and then slapped them together. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like an actual Korean translation (although maybe better than the pure transliterated words).

Maybe someone will have a better answer...

3. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

Im just gonna assume that the name is supposed to be 'Nelson'. If this is the case, tell them in their next rank to put '넬선' instead.

4. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

http://m.cafe.daum.net/samyong/B0V/175?q=D_2alVOZ9tvyY0&
    For the association name, but 안이다 is negation, so I should read more or have the gf translate, cuz I only have 3 semesters under my belt.

결합된 is 'combined', and 혼 replaced is 'mixed'. The article is referencing our chinese martial arts roots. Ugh, again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  5. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo