Most brutal and vicous techniques

Discussion in 'MMA' started by EdiSco, Apr 28, 2016.

1. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Soo been watching Muay Thai videos and the flying knee made my jaw drop :jawdrop: I don't think there's anything scarier than being on the receiving end of this one!
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T02FfY0zHy4"]Flying Knees in MMA - YouTube[/ame]

*vicious in the title! Dam auto-correct! Admin, please fix the title?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Not sure about the music.

Flying knees are always pretty to look at. My flying knees are the same as my clinch knees though....gravity loves me too much.

3. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Flying knees are very impressive to watch and for sure I wouldn't want to catch one of those to the face. I think that being manhandled in the clinch and repeatedly drilled with knees to the head and body is a step above in terms of brutality and psychological impact. Even sparring light in the clinch and getting shut down and took apart is pretty horrible...

4. liero

liero Valued Member

That was such a wonderful thing to watch!

I do agree with Knee Rider about the brutality of multiple knees to the face from the clinch though.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Get thee to the MAP Meet and you to can learn to be devastating. :)

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

About ten seconds in ;)

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Sk-4O05i4[/ame]

7. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Dam chadderz! Did you learn all your thai at Rick's? I notice there are two classes per week. Do you guys cover the same stuff in both classes or different focus in two classes? e.g. clinch/trips in one class and mainly striking in the other? So a good schedule would be 2x thai and 1x kickboxing.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah man I learnt all my striking there. To me all the kickboxing and Muay thai classes are just "striking" classes. Sparring in all of them. Rick has his own schedule. For instance we spent a large part of last year learning the clinch on Monday.

I'd say attend them all if it interests you. Only place I've trained for any serious amount of time.

The kickboxing is actually more of a JKD base. Just as good as Muay Thai and better for me personally.