where can i get the first form {choi lee fut} on video or dvd

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Mrs Radcliffe, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Mrs Radcliffe

Mrs Radcliffe Armstrong Angel

the first form {choi lee fut} on video or dvd as i always forget half of it :)

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

First of all, do u actually do CLF. Second of all, what branch are you, what Sifu are you, and what lineage are you from.

Everyone will have different forms. Ours is called "Basic One" in plain English, and I'm pretty sure you're NOT looking for that thank you very much.

Stop asking these vague questions and go practice some combinations against the heavy bag instead.

3. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

4. PantherFist

PantherFist Valued Member

Margie,
    There is no chance you are going to find our lineage of the first form on DVD or Video. The first form 'Choi Lee Kuen' is unique to our lineage. You are simply going to have to practise harder in the begginers class and at home if you don't want to forget the form.
    If you are finding the first form hard to remember, then the second form 'Siu Moi Fa Kuen' is going to be impossible for you. Its at least three times longer than the first, with more advanced applications.

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Is this kid from you school Pantherfist?

You should have mentioned it earlier, I might have gone easier on him. :p

But give him a heads up about not trolling on MAP please.

Peace,

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Like Pantherfist says out CLF first form is totally unlike any other. I bought the Doc Fai Wong book on CLF where there were photos of his first form (5 wheel stance if I remember correctly, but probably not) which consisted of nothing but stances and little to no hands.

Practice harder in class and at home, ask your instructor(s) questions and at demos (such as Chinese New Year next year) you could get someone (parents for example) to video the demo. That way you have video footage you can refer to.

I once tried to write down the techniques for our wooden dummy form, do I understand what I wrote? Nope... :rolleyes:

7. Mrs Radcliffe

Mrs Radcliffe Armstrong Angel

cheers chimp

cheers chimp il do that :),And il take Ians advice aswell :D .Margie

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

pieces of advice...

1. practice, practice, practice.
    2. take lots of notes. my style's first long form has, depending on how you count, just between 70 and 80 moves, and many of those are combos. write things down, use as much paper as you need. this way you practice at home as accurately as possible.