Boxing check in/roll call

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Hades, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

hey there!!

since the style-thread around "boxing" is becoming a bit silent and dull, I picked up a nice idea I saw in other style threads... we could have a check in for boxers.. so we can keep track who does boxing here on MAP..

So, please post your name, your school, your country, and some info about yourself.

It would also be nice if you would tell if you're doing competitions, and how long you've been boxing...

I'm gonna start with myself...

I'm Mark, from holland.. I've been boxing for over 2.5 years now.. My school isn't very renowned, but it's called B.C.S. (boksen&conditie-Schothorst) and well.. I'm looking into competitions, but I'm also working my way into the police force... so i'm kinda busy right now..

So.. that's about it :D

2. Fighting-Irish

Fighting-Irish New Member

Im Pat, Ive been boxing since september of last year, I have not yet fought and as you can guess im from Waterford, Ireland

3. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

Been doing it for around 6 months, at a gym called physique magnifique, nothing special but it gets the job done.

4. speedbag

speedbag Valued Member

Boxing, mostly Speed Bag

I love boxing, but don't glove up against others anymore.
    I paid waaayy too much to my neurosurgeons to screw up their good work. I'm a little too old for fightin' and pretty much stick to the speed bag.

Old Man & the Speed Bag

I'm glad I can still do that: Halleluja..... :)

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Hay all,

Shaolin Boxing club
    Prince George, Canada
    Been boxing for about a month now.

I plan to start having matches next year.

6. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Hahaha yeah man, + 136 coolness points!

7. speedbag

speedbag Valued Member

Boxing roll call.

why thank you. A very "prophetable" post.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  8. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

My names Jamie....i box :mad:

9. Why the frown? :)

10. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

That is the face i pull when boxing :rolleyes:

11. kenpfrenger

kenpfrenger sportin' a Broughton

I am Ken from Kinsman Ohio USA. I have been doing boxing as a martial art since 1989. I have done several styles of boxing over the years with much of the time spent on the more modern style, currently my main focus is on the boxing method of Jack Dempsey.

12. Greg

Greg Valued Member

I'm Greg (who would've guessed?) from NYC.

I don't have a "school" but I've been into boxing for about a year now. We are getting a heavy bag and a speed bag in our athletics building soon, so I'll finally be able to get a little bit more serious with boxing.

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I might as well join in here. Ya know... take a break from posting shots of colon's an all. :D

My name is Slip and I've been boxing for about 4 years. I took up boxing to compliment to my Muay Thai arsenal at the suggestion of my trainer. But soon afterwards came to really enjoy boxing in it's own right.

I've fought amateur matches over the last two years out of the The Ring gym under trainer Choy Tung Hui. That is when they don't conflict with my Muay Thai bouts.

It's hard for me to find amateur opponents here in Hong Kong because of my weight. 85kg - 90kg. Dropping weight to get fights is always a hassle. Mostly because it always just makes me feel so dopey. And while I've yet to lose a boxing match - I have missed out on dishing out some KO's because of slow reaction time due to not having the weight loss cycle worked out properly.

We do however have great boxing facilities that are run under the Hong Kong Amatuer Boxing Association. As well in my Muay Thai gym we have a ring to work in as well. There is also a police boxing team and there are often matches set up for the British consulate.

Being that there are so many Brit's Hong Kong it's easy to find people who don't mind doing a bit of pad work and there are some older fighters that are incredibley skilled (Tony Tremble, Roy Benett etc.).

All good fun and a great way to keep fit.

14. NiaMIA

NiaMIA New Member

Hey all,

My name is Nia. I'm from Orange County,CA/USA. I am rather new to boxing and MAP, although I'm busting my butt studying the sweet science.
    Professionally, I work in film production which had nothing to do with my interest in the sport. Actually most of my friends think I'm crazy for my choice. My mom wishes I took up ballroom dancing instead :eek:
    I'm working hard without any future expectations as to where I'll go with it. Until last week I was the oldest person in my class/club (It's very small). Some of the people are MMA, trying to hone thier boxing skills. That doesn't interest me. Technically I'm also the only female, barring the owner/trainer's wife and her friend. Sooo, I'm really getting a run for my money. Rather than babble on and on...I will say I got my greatest boxing compliment in last week's class. They called out, "Now that's a real boxer Nia, yer punchin' like a real boxer!"
    **Dear Speedbag, I watched your video. COLOR ME IMPRESSED!!** :D ;)
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
    ~~Muhammad Ali~~
    PS~How do you add your own Avatar?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  15. speedbag

speedbag Valued Member

Boxer Check in & Avatar

Thanks niaMIA. Kind remarks are always appreciated. to see a few more, check out: Speed bag video clips

Being in the Film production industry, when YOU learn how to smoke that speed bag from all sides, Maybe you can take it on up to the bigscreen. Imagine a screeming speed bag scene in a major motion picture. Now imagine YOU doing it. Cool.

to add your own avatar, go to the User CP, edit avatar page and then at the bottom of the page is a "Custom Avatar" Menu.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.

Use Custom Avatar

You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
    Enter Avatar URL:

The maximum size of your custom image is 75 by 75 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Hope this helps.

16. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I guess I will “check in” for those interested. I boxed when I was in the Navy a while back (early 1970’s).
    I got into Kickboxing as a trainer and sparing partner (due to the boxing) I’ve trained and still work with boxers and kickboxers both pro and amateur.

17. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i've been boxing since october and enjoying it even more since we've got a new trainer... he's pushing us more and the lessons last longer too.

not looking to box pro, just get some amateur fights behind me and use some skills for TKD

18. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

hey im mick, box outta sacred heart boxing club, in belfast, northern ireland.

been boxing for about 6 months and have a few exhibition fights comin up soon, then competitions wen i get the experience...

19. freak

freak Valued Member

i'm don..i started boxing 2 weeks ago.i live in canada and i pay 10 extra bucks on my gym membership to train in the boxing area with a great instructor...i love it!!!!

20. XXXTigerXXX13

XXXTigerXXX13 New Member

Most kids just call me Tiger when I box, so I'll go with that.

I've been boxing for about 3 months, but there are no gyms around here for boxing, so I learn from whoever and where ever I can. I'm in the process of looking for one somewhere not too distant from my area.