Bujinkan Guidelines

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by The Man, Jul 26, 2005.

1. The Man

The Man New Member

How strictly do Bujinkan Dojos enforce the Bujinkan guidelines issued by Soke Hatsumi. Do they actually require doctors releases, psychological profiles, drug testing, and background checks before allowing one to train?

Or are these just general suggestions to instructors as to what type of person they should allow to train? Meaning they provide instructors with policies they can employ should they feel student is unfit to train.

2. xen

xen insanity by design

interesting question...what's hiding in your background that you don't want them to find? :)

3. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

This question normally comes from someone who maybe would come under the bracket of the rules ie criminal conviction, mentally ill etc, but in most cases these would be overlooked as i think a lot of shidoshi are not qualified enough to root them out.

There should be a rule in there for brownnosers eh Spooky!??!:D

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

LOL if I could put a "wink" smilie in I would ;-)

He could just be interested and I feel that if he wishes to share anything he will....he shouldn't be pushed to!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yep, if you have a problem and dont want to talk about it openly then PM someone, me, Norm, Dale etc, someone might be able to help.

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

:)

As long as the body is wrapped well, weighted and in a deep lake you should be fine!

:)

well....worked for me!

7. The Man

The Man New Member

If you must know, yes I do have a criminal conviction. Not something I'm proud of but it is there. So yes I do try to hide when possible.

I'm not a bad person, I've just made some bad choices in my past. My crime wasn't violent in nature nor did it lead to someone getting hurt. I'm not a drug addict or drug dealer. I have no mental conditions. I don't start fights and have never actually been in one (unless you call the little shoving matches in elementary school fighting).

My record already makes it difficult enough to find a good job and housing. I was just wondering it will also prevent me from fulfilling my dream of studying Soke Hatsumi's art.

8. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

If you'd like to shoot me an e-mail at dale@bujinkansf.org we can discuss this offline. Among other possibilities I can think of, depending on the nature of the crime, where the jurisdiction is, etc., it might be possible to either have the record expunged or petition for a pardon.

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Blimey nice confession on a forum, i wonder how many others on here have the balls to say what you said, half the time though you would never know if anyone has got a record in the group, i know of one (who has left now Rich!!) who had a record for fighting, he was a good bloke and a good student so what do you do!!

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

well, if they find the bodies i will have a criminal record! :)

for me it would depend on what its was, moral etc

11. xen

xen insanity by design

Are the guidelines to help instructors on a local level make appropriate decisions or are they a set of rules that are inviolate?

12. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

They are just that guidelines and have been the same as long as i've known them.