Howard Brown Pics???

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by LimeyDog, Apr 11, 2005.

1. LimeyDog

LimeyDog New Member

Hi Guys,

I am looking for any site on the internet that has pictures of my old kickboxing instructor Howard "The Hawk" Brown...WKA World Champion.
    I had some but my ex wife in the UK (I now live in Los Angeles) got rid of them (bless her little stone heart), so I am trying to find some of him in competion around the late 80's, early 90's...

Does anyone know what happened to Howard after leaving the ECKA, someone told me that he was quite ill.

Any help would be appreciated. I got my black belt under Howard back in 1986/87 at the BAI in Birmingham (Ahhhh the good old days)

thanks lads
    Patrick Pace aka Pacer

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hi Patrick!

I'm pretty good at locating info on the net but so far I've yet to locate any pics.... (however, your site came up in my search .... and now I know a bit aout you! ;) )

Might I suggest contact the WKA ... they might be best to turn up some pics in their "archives" and scan them over to you.

www.wkausa.com

3. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

howard brown of the ECKA
    went to the WKA but then wandered off to the dark side

he is currently in jail but will be out soon

4. METALHEADSINCE1

METALHEADSINCE1 New Member

was talking about Howard Brown tonight did a search and this came up.
    Trained under him in Leicester
    Top Bloke ... little disturbed by the last comment ? is that true ?
    is he out now as that was back in 2005 ?
    would be good to know..
    will look to see if I have any photo's also does anyone remember Dean Twist ?
    cheers
    Dave

5. ASW34

ASW34 Valued Member

hi metalheadsince1 , i didn't train with howard but my instructor did, howard was the referee at my first full contact fight, nice bloke, i have heard he is out now have you searched for him on facebook i think he may be on there

6. Schamberlain

Schamberlain New Member

He is out of jail and has written an autobiography called all too human. I believe my grandad trained with him or trained him.