Try this Weight Training Method - Old School, New Body

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Endolphins, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

I've recently come across this weight training regimen called the F4X method, or 'Old School, New Body'.

Basically, it consists of 3 regimens, one for lean muscle, one for shape and one for even heavier muscle-mass. I'm currently using the first and it's pretty cool :)

So it's 4 timed sets, with 1 second lifts and 3 second drops. According to those behind the regimen, these slow deliberate movements put extra attention on stretching and shredding the muscle fibres, so that more growth occurs when the body repairs and regenerates the muscles, producing faster results and only three times a week at the intensity you're comfortable with. All you essentially need for the first regimen, are two weights of your choosing and you can progress from there. The second and third regimens require more equipment and you can get by on the second with just two weights and a bench.

It also increases your metabolism nicely and helps to assist in more GH (growth hormone) production making for faster muscle growth.

It really is from the Old school. Its creator was originally involved with Gold's Gym and he used to train actors to get into shape quickly before film-shoots with this method.

It is very unconventional and different to the conventional approach to weightlifting but I'm seeing great results with it in a short amount of time and the great thing is, no matter your age, anyone can do this and get awesome results fast!

The first couple of sets for each regimen with this program are dumbbell-squats. The program focuses on the legs first because of the higher muscle volume found in that region of the body, and apparently because it helps to boost more GH and rapid fat burning throughout the rest of your workout as your metabolism revs up.

So a basic work-out for lean muscle using this program kind of looks like this, I'll just share how I'm doing it right now

Dumbbell Squats

Four 40 second sets, with three second drops and 1 second lifts with 40 second rests inbetween. On the last set, you're encouraged to go one more over the time limit or to keep pushing to muscular collapse to really maximize the effects of this specific workout.

Push-Ups (or alternatively using a bench whilst laying on your back, lifting the weights above your chest) while using the same sets as above.

Undergrip bent-over rows with the same sets above.

Upright rows, same as above.

If that's not enough for one's specific requirements and you're feeling more adventurous, you can add on with a couple more sets using Semi-stiff-legged deadlifts, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls and crunches.

I recommend giving it a try sometime if you like trying out new things or are looking to spice up your regimen. Resistance training is amazing, it's really helping me change my life for the better :)

Peace

[​IMG]

Marilyn Monroe used this method as well :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Tempo lifting with slow eccentrics and fast concentrics is quite common actually. It's a very common bodybuilding method (among other tempo schemes), and is also used by many Olympic weightlifters to train the squat (pretty much the most horrible way to squat without pauses or external gimmicks, but a brutal strength builder). Obviously, it works :p

3. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

For sure ;)

The first couple of sets for each regimen with this program are dumbbell-squats. The program focuses on the legs first because of the higher muscle volume found in that region of the body, and apparently because it helps to boost more GH and rapid fat burning throughout the rest of your workout as your metabolism revs up.

So a basic work-out for lean muscle using this program kind of looks like this, I'll just share how I'm doing it right now :)

Dumbbell Squats

Four 40 second sets, with three second drops and 1 second lifts with 40 second rests inbetween. On the last set, you're encouraged to go one more over the time limit or to keep pushing to muscular collapse to really maximize the effects of this specific workout.

Push-Ups (or alternatively using a bench whilst laying on your back, lifting the weights above your chest) while using the same sets as above.

Undergrip bent-over rows with the same sets above.

Upright rows, same as above.

If that's not enough for one's specific requirements and you're feeling more adventurous, you can add on with a couple more sets using Semi-stiff-legged deadlifts, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls and crunches.

Hope to get started on regimen 2 soon, need to go pick up a decent bench :p

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016