Kuk Sool won/Lost my way

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Hyung1988, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

This is my first post, Let me start by saying that I love KSW, I trained a lot in the 89's under KJW Bob Zefo in Galesburg Il. I officially quit training in 1988, for several reasons but I miss it badly, I am horribly out of shape & have a lot of questions. I loved the hyungs of KSW most of all. Just putting this out there.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome to the forum :)

3. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

Thank you

4. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Welcome, I've been out of KSW for long time as well. Are you near a school ? This forum is not very friendly towards our style, but put out questions and we can see what comes back !

5. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

There is a school in Galesburg Il 7th dahn Ed Sanchez is the head master there.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Post something worthwhile and It'll get promoted via all our other social media outlets.

You can all help yourselves and your style by being positive

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Absolutely! We have some great posters here who have been around for ages, Obewan for one!

Get posting and engage with your own and the wider community :)

Mitch

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP and I hope you find a school to suit your needs :)
    Mitch

9. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Ask away, I would be happy to help you out. Welcome to Mapipedia! :)

10. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

thanks to all

I am near a school in Pekin, like 3 blocks from my house but will need to get feedback for some questions 1st, maybe you guys/ gals can help. first do you ever lose your rank in Kuk Sool Won? I got a 1st degree Black belt in 1988 & will have a ton of work to do to get back in shape, I'm mainly interested in hyungs but do realize If I join a school I'd need to re-train on techniques as well.

11. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

AFAIK you never lose your rank in Kuk Sool Won (WKSA) unless your departure was a dispute of some sort that goes against WKSA policies. It's not that you lose it more that it's no longer recognized. I would assume that you just stopped training for some personnel reason, in that case your rank is still valid.

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Pekin School is operated by a 3rd dahn Micheal Yates, he's a good guy you'll have a blast with him. Solid school very professional.

13. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

I've got some good info about a school near me here in Pekin Il. I have been curious about Kuk sa nim lately, I know he specializes in pressure point techniques but I have rarely if ever seen him perform his own beautiful forms. also I'm not sure if this is considered rude to ask but his wife also seems very elusive or perhaps she just wants to live a private life.

14. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Update Hyung, you visit a school yet?

15. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Not the first time you've asked about this guy's wife...

16. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

Schools visited

Obewan, I contacted HQ in an E-mail & got some feedback from Alex Suh! I was flattered & surprised at the same time! Thank you for checking on me Sir1 I need all the support I can get.

17. Hyung1988

Hyung1988 Valued Member

KSN wife

No it's not & it may not be the last!

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It will be on this forum. If she wants to remain private, then that is her right and you should respect that.

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Why would you want to know about someone's wife? :confused:

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Let's drop the issue of the wife and discuss the martial arts. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.