Django Unchained

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cuongnhugirl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

Caught a screening and i want to review it for its general release.

The film is set in the pre Civil War south. Django is a former slave turned bounty hunter. He is searching for his wife Broomhilda who he lost to slavetraders.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays a brutal plantation owner named Calvin Candie, a Simon Legree type character. Django and his former master, who trained him as a bounty hunter, track to her to the Candie plantation.

The fact that the "n word" is used more than 100 times in the film has raised some eyebrows but like Jaimie Fox, who plays Django said, the film is set in the 19th century south. How do you think people talked back then.

It a Tarantino film so there is a lot of crazy over the top violence and a decent storyline as you would expect from him. Good performances by the entire cast, especially DiCaprio and Samuel L Jackson, who plays the house slave Stephen.
    The film holds your attention throughout, you won't be bored. So i give it my recomendation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Sounds good! I question whether the use of the 'n-word' is historically accurate, but am excited to see the movie regardless.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

But what about the question we all need to know the answer to:

Does Jamie Foxx play piano at any point?