Posting Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by KickChick, Dec 11, 2003.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Posting for the first time is rather like making an impression on a group of people you've never met.

If you want to be liked and accepted, it helps to make a good first impression.

Lurk before you post!
    If you're looking at being part of a particular forum such as MAP, lurk around with the objective of understanding the culture before you make your first post. Get a sense of how the people who are already there act. It'll give you an idea of whether you'll be able to hit it off with the forum. The consequences of not lurking: You'll just get flamed or laughed at ... LOL

Read the topic rules. MAP doesn't have too many rules. However we do not permit multi-posting (identical posts to two or more forums). Also try to adhere to the basic rules of netiquette.
    Keep messages short. Focus on a single idea or topic. Use RELEVANT subject headings, key words etc, and structure what you write. .... open a JOURNAL if you feel you need to express yourself!

Don't waste anyone's time or bandwidth..... avoid duplicate posts, high-resolution images, signatures that read like novels!!

Don't expect instant responses to all your questions. And if you do expect responses, be prepared to participate and share ideas on what other people post too.

Don't assume that all readers will agree with your rants and raves. Expect negative feedback and criticism.

Be nice when responding to messages with which you strongly disagree. Avoid getting personal or insulting another forum poster ... the mods here have one finger lightly pressed on the BAN button and the other.......

DO NOT threaten, harass, name-call, offer your brand of obscenity, spam, flagrant posting of advertising.... etc.

Follow these simple & basic rules before you hit POST REPLY ... BANNING IS SUCH SWEEET SORROW!!!

It is my hope that my views and opinions expressed herein do state and reflect those of the rest of the MAP staff!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  2. Cain

Cain New Member

Good points KC.....now all you need to do is ban the words "best" "art" "chi" "dragonballz" "crap" "useless" "fake" and "kata" from being within 3 words of each other for new posters until they have passed the troll test :D

pssst - just kidding ;)

|Cain|

3. zun

zun New Member

How about making this post sticky?

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

This rule might work - don't let anyone with less than 10 posts post anything.

LOL I couldn't resist!

5. Jim

Jim New Member

I was going to agree with this rule until I figured that it's probably not a good idea to post when you've been drinking.

6. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Maybe this should be posted and made sticky in the Beginners Section as well, might make it more likely that someone finds it.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

sheesh...
    now I find this thread...
    after about 1,000 post's of mayhem and sillyness and the XXL Butt Plug.
    who'd a thunk?! :D

8. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could of saved me about 6 binnings :p.

9. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

This is a must read for anyone thinking of posting in the ninjutsu forum :D

And even then may God be with them...

10. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Still the greatest all time thread.

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Sorry God isn't there only ME! :yeleyes:

12. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Then they'll need a little more than a survival guide going in :p

Maybe you should add advise on how to not upset the natives into the sticky's :D

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... and to those members in the Sin Bin :D

14. AllieB

AllieB Valued Member

im new here and my only rule for myself is dont reply unless you actually know what your talking about or are asking a question maybe even a wise crack every know and then that and keep it clean whoa thats 2 maybe i dont know what im talking about

15. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Can we add something about punctuation in this thread? ;)

I don't agree with that. :Angel: