It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bohdi.Sanders, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I skimmed through the whole thing. The posts by Mr Sanders (presumably actually him rather than a spoof) were particularly interesting, as was the attempt to downvote all posts in the thread as though that would somehow help his cause.

Most interestingly, no genuine effort seemed to be made to actually demonstrate legitimacy, either through a better understanding of his actual training record or by showing his martial art skills in video format. The impression I got is that Sanders is much more interested in the trappings of high rank than in actually living it.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

After being asked by Mr Sanders to remove this and other threads about him I have declined to do so.

As Aegis said proving legitimacy is fairly simple and I have asked Mr Sanders to post here to settle the minds of the doubters.

I've also said I'll close or even delete the thread if it can be proved that what has been said breaks our Terms of Service and in some way defames Mr Sanders.

That is the official standpoint.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Quoted before it gets edited

4. Hannibal

There is a lot out there on him that he has failed to get taken down because truth is an absolute defense

I see nothing that this charlatan can sue for

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Just saw this.

I completely agree with the gist of your post, but the idea that police are warriors in a war, rather than servants of the public entrusted to ensure their safety, has created a lot of problems.

6. Hannibal

It has, and it is not the correct image to portray, but when your job requires you to potentially lay your life on the line for said public I would say it probably qualifies

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Certainly more than some bloke who does kata in pyjamas once a week!

Still though, I think whether someone gets called a warrior or not depends far more on their life experience than who employs them. Plenty of people employed by police forces or the military have desk jobs.

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

We may not all always know/agree about what/who IS a "warrior",but it's usually obvious just who ain't!

:)

9. Hannibal

Agreed

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Bodhi Sanders decided to post foolish statements on his profile (deleted, so don't bother looking) and has been banned.

Shame as all he had to do was post in the thread.

11. Hannibal

Awww! I like reading a quick dose of crapola!

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This made me laugh.

So...he's written 9 books then. :)
    When something you've done is in the single digits then trying to inflate that my saying "over 8" is ridiculous.