Best wing chun book ?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by DominikDoherty, May 1, 2016.

1. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

Check out Tao of Wing Chun by Danny Xuan and David Petersons new book, David's book you can find through wing Chun illustrated magazine website

2. Gnosis

Gnosis New Member

5 minutes on Google I´ve found roughly 30 clubs scattered all over Ireland. I understand if you are unable to drive 100 km for weekly training. Have you considered connecting with a club and going on weekends or taking private lessons? You may not be able to attend 2-3 times a week but i couple of times a month is better than nothing. Other people in your neighborhood could also be interested. If you can get a few people interested, sometimes you could invite an instructor to do a seminar there. A couple of years like this and I´ll bet at some point, someone will be good enough to start a training group.

With roughly 22.000 people living in Omagh, I´m sure you are not the only one interested.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

^yup..This right here!

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Damn... Dean beat me to it. Even if you can only commit to one session per month with a experienced instructor it is better option than trying to train from books and youtube.

By the way how are you planning on practicing bridging, trapping and sensitivity drills on your lonesome? I will answer it for you...you can't.

Make the trip or look at arts nearby that are similar to WC, maybe look at other Southern kung Fu systems?

If you cant get to a class, train in something else until you can.