Wado in oxfordshie?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by black mamba, Dec 21, 2016.

1. black mamba

black mamba New Member

Hi.
    Was just wondering if anyone now of any wado classes in the oxfordshire area.
    I have resently gone back to karate after a short break for moving.
    I found a karate group but im unhappy with the style and training.
    Love wado and would very much like to go back to it but my old class is to far for me to go.

Thanks

2. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

Where about in Oxfordshire?

There are good groups in the Worcester area and Reading for example.

Gary

3. black mamba

black mamba New Member

I live in south oxfordshire.

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Me too -

I work with a guy whose father-in-law has a club in Harwell (I believe) but unfortunately I don’t have any more details and won't be seeing him again now for a few weeks (8+)

I also know of a Wado guy from out Kidlington way, who I can drop a line, to see if he still trains in the area, assuming Kidlington is within travelling distance for you?

Travess

5. black mamba

black mamba New Member

Thanks that would be great. Travess.

Im near Kidlington so not to far away.

6. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Sorry BM, the Kidlington connection did not pan out (He only runs kids classes at present)

These guys (www.usko-karate.co.uk/club-locations/oxford-karate) are just down the road in Headington, though I have no knowledge of the Organisation, club nor Instructor - You'd need to check it out for yourself, if you are interested.

Alternatively, whilst the other club that I mentioned does not have an online presence (???) I did manage to find out that there is only 1 Karate club in Harwell, which operates out of the Royal British Legion on Wednesday evenings, but I have no idea at this point if it is the same Wado club I have been told about.

Hope this helps.

Travess

7. black mamba

black mamba New Member

Thats not a problem.
    Thanks for your help anyway.