Heaviest RAW squat in history

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by icefield, Oct 18, 2016.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

And he didn't even do his belt up properly, along with Eddie halls 500kg deadlift this has to be one of the most impressive strength feats ever

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8seFADEEy0c"]Ray Williams 456kg/1005lb Squat - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
  2. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Wow! I'm a huge strength training fan. When some noob asks me what's the best style of Martial Art for surviving a street fight, I always tell them to hit the gym 1st twice a week for 30mins with free weights. Then look into boxing or muay thai.

There's a reason why there are weight classes in every respectable combat sport and why the doormen/bouncer always tend to be muscular. Proof is in the pudding.

Fighting in the ring and manning the doors are the only reliable ways of testing what works and what doesn't. I also believe stronger body = stronger mind. Plus, the no. 1 thing women are attracted to is strength - both physical and strong mindedness. This DOES NOT mean you have to be a jerk lol. Strength is one of the main qualities that define a good man.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  3. liero

liero Valued Member

That is actually so impressive.

No ATG though.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ATG is unnecessary for powerlifting. IPF has very strict depth judging, anyway (to the point of it being a recurring joke within the community).

Absolutely monstrous lift. Betting on him to do 9 reds per side by Q4 2017 at the latest.

5. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

God, look at the bend in the bar. I'm visualising what would happen to me if I even tried to un-rack that.

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

ATG is unnecessary for most things out side OL lifting lol

And the judging in the IPF is the strictest around and he buried it

Ive seen some impressive lifts but never seen anything look that easy with that much weight

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

One of the master lifters I train with does 280kg box squats for reps, i tried unracking that once, felt like my whole body was being crushed, there is something to be said for simply walking out very heavy weights.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Techcnically, squatting is itself unnecessary, strictly speaking, outside of WL and PL :p (much as it pains me to admit it because squatting is awesome :p)

I unracked 200 once and could almost literally feel my spine shortening from it. Really puts things into perspective :p